Published: Dec 2, 2013 11:28:25 AM
Published: Dec 2, 2013 11:15:34 AM
Published: Dec 2, 2013 10:50:36 AM
Adel Bolbol is a PhD student in UCL, Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering department. He studied for his MSc in GIS from City University - London in 2007. His current research interests span between Spatial Analysis, Movement Data Analysis, Transportation, Spatio-Temporal Human Behaviour Modelling, WebGIS, Geospatial analysis and data mining.
Adel is currently working on a 3.5 year project under the following title: EPSRC Location and Timing Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and u-blox (UK): Modelling the Changing Surroundings of Everyday Life – GeoTravelDiary.
- Bolbol, A, Cheng, T and Tsapakis, I, 2012. A Spatio-Temporal Approach for Identifying the Sample Size for GPS-Based Travel Surveys: A Case Study of London’s Road Network. Journal of Transport Geography, Submitted (in review).
- Tsapakis, I, Turner, J, Cheng, T, Heydecker, B and Bolbol, A, 2012. Effects of Tube Strikes on Journey Times in the Transport Network of London. Transportation Research Record, TRB, National Research Council, Washington D.C, 2012.
- Bolbol, A, Cheng, T, Tsapakis, I & Haworth, J, 2012. Inferring hybrid transportation modes from sparse GPS data using a moving window SVM classification, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, Available online 12 July 2012, ISSN 0198-9715,10.1016/j.compenvurbsys.2012.06.001. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0198971512000543)
- Tsapakis, I Cheng, T & Bolbol, A, 2012. Impact of Weather Conditions on Macroscopic Urban Travel Times. Journal of Transport Geography. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Tsapakis, I, Schneider, W H, Bolbol, A and Skarlatidou, A, 2011. Discriminant Analysis for Assigning Short-Term Counts to Seasonal Adjustment Factor Groupings. Transportation Research Record, TRB, National Research Council, Washington D.C, 2011.
- Bolbol, A, Cheng, T, Tsapakis, I and Chow, A, 2012. Sample Size Calculation for Studying Transportation Modes from GPS Data, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 48, 2012, Pages 3040-3050, ISSN 1877-0428, 10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.06.1271. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042812030145)
- Tsapakis, I Cheng, T & Bolbol, A, 2012. Understanding Effects of Tube Strikes on Macroscopic and Link Travel Times. Transport Research Arena, Athens, April. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Bolbol, A Cheng, T Skarlatidou, A & Tsapakis, I, 2011. A GIS-Machine Learning Approach for Inferring Travel Mode from Sparse GPS Data. Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Survey Methods in Transport (ISCTSC), Termas Puyehue, Chile, November 14-18, 2011.
- Bolbol, A. Cheng, T and Haworth, J, 2011. Using a Moving Window SVMs Classification to Infer Travel Mode from GPS Data. Geocomputation 2011, UCL, July.
- Bolbol, A. Cheng, T. Tsapakis, I. and Skarlatidou, A., 2011. Identifying Intermediary Modes from GPS Data. Presented at Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, April, 2011.
- Skarlatidou, A, Cheng, T, Hacklay, M and Bolbol, A, 2011. Investigating non-experts' trust perceptions in Spatial Decision Support Systems for public use. Presented at Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, April, 2011.
- Tsapakis, I, Cheng, T and Bolbol, A, 2011. Effect of Adverse Weather Conditions on Urban Speeds and Travel Time Reliability of Bus Lane and Non-Bus Lane Users. Presented at Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, April, 2011.
- Bolbol, A, Cheng, T, and Paracha, A, 2010. GEOTRAVELDIARY: Towards Online Automatic Travel Behaviour Detection. WebMGS: 1st International Workshop on Pervasive Web Mapping, Geoprocessing and Services, 2010, Politecnico di Milano, Como, Italy.
- Bolbol, A and Cheng, T, 2010. GPS Data Collection Setting For Pedestrian Activity Modelling. GISRUK 2010: Proceedings of Geographical Information Science Research UK Conference 2010, UCL, London.
Page last modified on 16 nov 12 07:29