What is social media?
'Social media' is a term that refers to methods of allowing website users to easily publish content online. This can include:
- writing blogs
- adding comments to others' blogs
- publishing videos, audio or images on to the Web
- posting content on to a social network site, such as Twitter or Facebook
- collaborating on an online project (e.g. a Wikipedia article)
This information sharing and user interaction can help:
- information to be shared with interested individuals who may not be within reach
- create online communities of collaboration and trust
This website has been set up to help guide UCL staff as to how best to use social media. If you have any comments, or suggestions for improvements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.