- News 2013-14
- Professor Christine Orengo elected member of EMBO
- Prof Ivan Gout receives BBSRC Responsive Research Grant
- Dr Saul Purton receives BBSRC funding for Network in Algal Biotechnology
- ISMB members awarded Wellcome Trust Sir Henry Dale Fellowships
- Dr Saul Purton awarded four BBSRC 4-year PhD Studentships
- Professor Waksman elected to German Academy of Sciences
- Professor Perkins receives Alexion Pharmaceuticals grant
- Biosciences staff win UCL Provost's Teaching Award 2014
- Dr Emmanuel Boucrot Awarded a Prestigious Lister Institute Research Prize
- Senior Academic, Research and Teaching Fellow Promotions 2013-14
- Professor Chris Kay awarded Fellowship by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- Dr Alan Lowe receives funding for Holographic Super-Resolution Microscope from LMCB, UCL
- Wellcome Trust Multi User Equipment Award for 'Using Structural Mass Spectrometry for the Study of Large Macromolecular Machines'
- News 2015
Dr Emmanuel Boucrot Awarded a Prestigious Lister Institute Research Prize
16 July 2014
Dr Emmanuel Boucrot, BBSRC David Phillips Fellow from SMB, has been awarded a prestigious Lister Institute Research Prize.
These annual awards are made by The Lister Institute to support young scientists undertaking high quality research in biomedical science or related scientific areas in the UK. Prize holders also become members of the Lister Community of Fellows.
The Prize award, which includes £200,000 over five
years, will enable Emmanuel to study a new pathway
of endocytosis he and his co-workers recently discovered. The main focus of the
investigations will be to identify receptors that use this pathway to enter into
cells and to reveal the components that generate the endocytic carriers. This will allow his laboratory to dissect how cells
modulate the levels of medically important receptors at their surface.
Page last modified on 16 jul 14 14:36