Dr Deborah Gill
My education research is focused on the following areas:
Peer assisted learning
The support of novices in clincial learning environments
Professsionalism and professional dvelopment
Professional identity formation
Methodology: textual analysis
My EdD research focused on the factors impacting on the professional identity of novice doctors
I have a long history as a teacher and teacher educator within the Medical School at UCL and am involved in a wide range of curriculum innovation and development activities and faculty development activities that support medical teachers and education supervisors. I am academic lead for the long running TIPS programme. I am lead for the Academic Centre for Medical Education and deputy director of the Medical School. I am currently implemenation lead for the ambitious MBBS 2012 project.
Prof Jane Dacre; Dr Henry Potts; Dr Anita Berlin; Dr William Coppola; Dr Alison Sturrock; Dr Ann Griffin; Dr Katherine Woolf; Dr Scott Rice; Dr Sophie Park
Dr Tareq Abouharb; Dr Catherine O'keefe; Dr Viv Cook; Prof Olwyn Westwood
- Gill D, Mountford J (2012). What is a quality improvement project?. Br J Hosp Med (Lond), 73(5), 252 - 256.
- Gill D, Mountford J (2012). What is a quality improvement project?. Journal of Hospital Medicine, 73(5), 634 - 638.
- Park S, Griffin A, Gill D (2012). Working with words: exploring textual analysis in medical education research.. Med Educ, 46(4), 372 - 380. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2923.2011.04184.x
- Gill D, Griffin AE, Richardson J, Sturrock A, Woolf K, Khatib Y, Launer J (2011). The London Deanery pilot project: Trust-based learning groups to foster professionalism.
- Handler C (2011). English and Reflective Writing Skills in Medicine.
- Gill D, Griffin A (2010). Good Medical Practice: what are we trying to say? Textual analysis using tag clouds. MED EDUC, 44(3), 316 - 322. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2923.2009.03588.x
- Richardson J, Gill D, Woolf K (2009). Addressing Assessment in Libyan Medical Education. LIBYAN J MED, 4(1), 51 - 53. doi:10.4176/081020
- Woolf K, McManus IC, Gill D, Dacre J (2009). The effect of a brief social intervention on the examination results of UK medical students: a cluster randomised controlled trial.. BMC Med Educ, 9, 35 - . doi:10.1186/1472-6920-9-35
- Gill D, Griffin AE (2009). Reframing medical education research: let's make the publishable meaningful and the meaningful publishable.. Med Educ, 43(10), 933 - 935. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2923.2009.03451.x
- Gill D, Griffin A, Woolf K, Cave J (2009). Twelve tips for studying medical education at doctoral level.. Med Teach, 31(7), 601 - 604.
- Richardson J, Woolf K, Potts HWW, Bark P, Gill D (2009). What influences medical students' choice of Student Selected Component? The relationship between sex, personality, motivation and SSC choice in first year medical students. Medical Teacher, 31(9), e418 - e424. doi:10.1080/01421590902744878
- Baillie S, Shore H, Gill D, May SA (2009). Introducing Peer-Assisted Learning into a Veterinary Curriculum: A Trial with a Simulator. J VET MED EDUC, 36(2), 174 - 179.
- Gill D, Parker C, Richardson J (2005). Twelve tips for teaching using videoconferencing.. Med Teach, 27(7), 573 - 577. doi:10.1080/01421590500097026
- Hartley S, Gill D, Carter F (2003). Teaching medical students in primary and secondary care.
- Noble LMM, Rowett S, Gill D (). Preparing students for practice: a centrally-delivered, online course..