Dr William Coppola
Use of student evaluations, feedback and quality systems in medical education
Use of peer assessment in medical students
Previous work on stroke prevention in primary care, including a risk score for stroke, educational intervention in primary care for doctors, review of clinical practice in primary care.
Year 4 lead, Community-based teaching: Women's Health, Child and Family Health, Mental Health
Deputy academic lead Professional Development Spine
Ethics and law teaching
Student support tutor
Dr Deborah Gill; Dr Anita Berlin; Dr Alison Sturrock; Dr Ann Griffin; Dr Katherine Woolf; Dr Sophie Park
Dr Tareq Abouharb; Dr Catherine O'keefe; Dr Viv Cook; Prof Olwyn Westwood
- Nuttall E, Griffin AE, Coppola W (2012). Going Underground: The Travel Costs of UCL and Barts & The London Medical Students to GP Placements.. London Journal of Primary Care, , - .
- Honney K, Buszewicz M, Coppola W, Griffin M (2010). Comparison of levels of depression in medical and non-medical students.. Clin Teach, 7(3), 180 - 184. doi:10.1111/j.1743-498X.2010.00384.x
- Coppola WGT, Hawthorne K (2010). Primary Care. In Etheridge L (Ed.), Oxford Assess and Progress Clinical Specialties (pp. 176 - 215). : Oxford University Press.
- Kahn N, Coppola W, Rayne T, Epstein O (2009). Medical student access to multimedia devices: Most have it, some don't and what's next?. Informatics for Health and Social Care, 32(2), 100 - 105.
- Bryant P, Berlin A, Coppola W, Jones M (2008). A comparison of clinical content between structured specialty teaching sessions and teaching in routine general practice consultations.. Education for Primary Care, 19(1), 43 - 53.
- Bryant P, Hartley S, Coppola W, Berlin A, Modell M, Murray E (2003). Clinical exposure during clinical attachments in general practice. Medical Education, 37(9), 790 - 793.
- Murray E, Alderman P, Coppola W, Grol R, Bouhuijs P, van der Vleuten C (2001). What do students actually do on an internal medicine clerkship? A log diary study. Medical Education, 35(12), 1101 - 1107.
- Coppola W (1998). The Primary prevention of stroke.. Geriatric Medicine, 28(9), 53 - 56.
- Coppola W (1998). The Secondary prevention of stroke.. Geriatric Medicine, 28(10), 75 - 80.
- Coppola W (1997). The MRCGP - Change for whose sake. British Journal of General Practice, 47(425), 847 - 847.
- Coppola WGT, Whincup PH, Walker M, Ebrahim S (1997). Identification and management of stroke risk in older people: a national survey of current practice in primary care. Journal of Human Hypertension, 11(3), 185 - 191.
- Coppola WGT (1995). Scoring System for Stroke. Dear Colleague, Cardiology, (10), 10 - 11.
- Coppola WGT, Whincup PH, Papacosta O, Walker M, Ebrahim S (1995). Scoring system to identify men at high risk of stroke: A strategy for general practice. British Journal of General Practice, 45, 185 - 189.
- Coppola W (1995). Summative assessment for general practitioner registrars. Proposals may damage one of finest examples of postgraduate medical education. BMJ (Clinical Research Ed.), 311(7019), 1573 - .
- Coppola W, Whincup PH (1994). Preventing Stroke in Primary Care. Geriatric Medicine, 24(3), 14 - 16.
- Coppola WGT, Whincup PH, Ebrahim S, Farrow S (1994). The influence of Patient age on general practitioners’ management of hypertension. Acta Cardiologica, XLIX(4), 329 - 330.
- Noble LM, Joekes K, Kubacki A, Coppola WGT, Lloyd M (). Do the effects of early professional development training last? Change in medical students' confidence in communicating and patient-centredness between Year 1 and Year 5..