Dr Jane Biddulph
Research focuses on cognition, and mental health.
Previous research has included that at the Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital, which led to the development of mathematical models of the natural history of colon and rectal adenocarcinoma and their use to predict the effect of different screening strategies. She obtained a PhD degree from the ICR in 1998.
Research publications have included those on the epidemiology of Epstein-Barr virus-associated Hodgkin's disease, and health impact assessment including the use of mathematical models, and the use of evidence in health impact assessment. She has also published work on diabetes.
Currently, involved in projects utilising data from the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing (ELSA), Health Survey for England (HSE), and PRO-AGE (PRevention in Older people - Assessment in GEneralists' practices).
cancer epidemiology and screening
health impact assessment
natural history of chronic diseases or conditions
Primary or secondary supervisor of PhD students within the Division, and contributes to MSc programmes within the Department, and the public health curriculum within the MBBS.
Dr Anne Peasey
- Mindell J, Biddulph JP, Hirani V, Stamatakis E, Craig R, Nunn S, Shelton N (2012). Cohort profile: the health survey for England.. Int J Epidemiol, 41(6), 1585 - 1593. doi:10.1093/ije/dyr199
- Biddulph JP (2011). Cancer Control. PERSPECT PUBLIC HEAL, 131(2), 95 - 95. doi:10.1177/1757913911399355
- Mindell J, Biddulph J, Taylor L, Lock K, Boaz A, Joffe M, Curtis S (2010). Improving the use of evidence in health impact assessment.. Bull World Health Organ, 88(7), 543 - 550. doi:10.2471/BLT.09.068510
- Mindell J, Curtis SE, Boaz AL, Joffe M, Biddulph J (2006). Improving Access to Robust Evidence for HIA: Final Report to the Department Of Health.
- Mindell J, Biddulph JP, Boaz A, Curtis S, Joffe M, Lock K, Taylor L, Boltong A (2006). A Guide to Reviewing Published Evidence for Use in Health Impact Assessment.
- Biddulph JP (2005). Mathematical models in health care. In Bowling A, Ebrahim S (Ed.), Handbook of health research methods (pp. 293 - 313). : Open Univ Pr.
- Thomason MJ, Biddulph JP, Cull CA, Holman RR (2005). Reporting of diabetes on death certificates using data from the UK Prospective Diabetes Study. Diabetic Medicine, 22(8), 1031 - 1036.
- Flavell KJ, Billingham LJ, Biddulph JP, Gray L, Flavell JR, Constandinou CM, Young LS, Murray PG (2003). The effect of Epstein-Barr virus status on outcome in age- and sex-defined subgroups of patients with advanced Hodgkin's disease. Annals of Oncology, 14(2), 282 - 290.
- Utley M, Gallivan S, Biddulph J, Ferguson J, McCarthy M (2003). ARMADA - A computer model of the impact of environmental factors on health. Health Care Management Science, 6, 137 - 146.
- McCarthy M, Biddulph J, Utley M, Ferguson J, Gallivan S (2002). A health impact assessment model for environmental changes attributable to development projects. Epidemiology and Community Health, 56, 611 - 616.
- Burgess DE, Woodman CB, Flavell KJ, Rowlands DC, Crocker J, Scott K, Biddulph JP, Young LS, Murray PG (2002). Low prevalence of Epstein-Barr virus in incident gastric adenocarcinomas from the United Kingdom. BRIT J CANCER, 86(5), 702 - 704. doi:10.1038/sj/bjc/6600107
- Flavell KJ, Biddulph JP, Powell JE, Parkes SE, Redfern D, Weinreb M, Nelson P, Mann JR, Young LS, Murray PG (2001). South Asian ethnicity and material deprivation increase the risk of Epstein-Barr virus infection in childhood Hodgkin's disease. British Journal of Cancer, 85(3), 350 - 356.
- Utley M, Gallivan S, Biddulph J, McCarthy M, Ferguson J (2001). Modelling the impact of environmental factors on health. In Riley J (Ed.), Planning for the Future. Health, Service Quality and Emergency Accessibility. Proceedings of the 26th meeting of the ORAHS Working Group (pp. 181 - 192). : Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Flavell KJ, Biddulph JP (2001). Epidemiology of Epstein-Barr virus-associated Hodgkin's disease. QJM, 8, 69 - 77.
- Biddulph J (2001). The epidemiology of colorectal cancer. In Phillips J, Murray P, Kirk P (Ed.), The biology of disease (pp. 22 - 25). : Blackwell Science.
- Utley M, Gallivan S, Biddulph J, McCarthy M, Ferguson J (2000). Modelling the impact of environmental factors on health. In (Ed.), Planning for the future: Health, service quality and emergency accessibility: proceedings from ORAHS 2000 (pp. - ). : Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Flavell KJ, Biddulph JP, Constandinou CM, Lowe D, Scott K, Crocker J, Young LS, Murray PG (2000). Variation in the frequency of Epstein-Barr virus-associated Hodgkin's disease with age.. Leukemia, 14(4), 748 - 753.
- Mindell J, Biddulph JP, Hirany V, Stamatakis E, Craig R, Shelton N (). Cohort Profile: The Health Survey for England. , International Journal of Epidemiology, - .