- School for Public Health Research
- Physical Activity Research Group
- PARG Publications
- Behaviour Change
- Global Health
- Seminars and Events
- SLMS homepage
The Domains encompass the breadth of research activity across the School of Life and Medical Sciences within nine core groupings.
- Pulsford RM, Stamatakis E, Britton AR, Brunner EJ, Hillsdon M. Cross-sectional and prospective associations of sitting behaviour with obesity: evidence from the Whitehall II study. American journal of Preventive Medicine 2013. (In Press).
- Stamatakis E, Kelechi N, Foster C, Scarborough P. Influence of global heating on discretionary physical activity levels: an important but largely overlooked consequence of climate change. Journal of Physical Activity and Health 2013 (February).
- Jago R, Stamatakis E, Gama A, Mourão I, Nogueira H, Rosado V, Padez C. Parental and electronic environment associations with child screen-viewing. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2012;43(2):150 –158.
- Hamer M, Stamatakis E. Low dose physical activity attenuates cardiovascular disease mortality in men and women with clustered metabolic risk factors. Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes 2012 DOI: 10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.112.965434
- Stamatakis E, Hamer M. The extent to which adiposity markers explain the association between sedentary behaviour and cardiometabolic risk factors. Obesity 2012; 20: 229-32.
- Stamatakis E, Davis M, Stathi A, Hamer M. Associations between multiple indicators of objectively-measured and self-reported sedentary behaviour and cardiometabolic risk in older adults. Preventive Medicine 2012; 54: 82–87.
- Stamatakis E, Hamer M, Tiling K, Lawlor DA. Sedentary time in relation to cardio-metabolic risk factors: differential associations for self-report versus accelerometry in working age adults. International Journal of Epidemiology 2012. doi:10.1093/ije/dys077
- Stamatakis E, Hamer M, Mishra G. Early adulthood TV viewing and cardiometabolic risk profiles in early middle age: results from a population, prospective cohort study. Diabetologia 2012; 55:311-320.
- Stamatakis E, Hamer M, O’Donovan G, Batty GD, Kivimaki M. A non-exercise testing method for estimating cardiorespiratory fitness: associations with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in a pooled analysis of eight population-based cohorts. European Heart Journal 2012. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehs097.
- Tielemans SMAJ, Soedamah-Muthu SS, De Neve M, Toeller M, Chaturvedi N, Fuller JH, Stamatakis E. Associations of physical activity with all-cause mortality and incident and prevalent cardiovascular disease among patients with type 1 diabetes: the EURODIAB Prospective Complications Study. Diabetologia 2012; doi:10.1007/s00125-012-2743-6.
- Weiler R, Chew S, Coombs N, Hamer M, Stamatakis E. Physical activity education in the undergraduate curricula of all UK medical schools. Are tomorrow’s doctors equipped to follow clinical guidelines? British Journal of Sports Medicine 2012. doi:10.1136/bjsports-2012-091380.