- School for Public Health Research
- Physical Activity Research Group
- Behaviour Change
- Global Health
- Seminars and Events
- SLMS homepage
The Domains encompass the breadth of research activity across the School of Life and Medical Sciences within nine core groupings.
New e-Health Informatics Research Centre puts health records at the heart of research
The Minister for Universities and Science David Willetts has recently announced a historic £19 million investment to establish four e-health Research
Centres of Excellence in London, Manchester, Dundee and Swansea.
London Centre is a partnership between UCL, UCL Partners, the London School of
Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London and the Health
Protection Agency. It will be known as the Centre for Health service and
Academic Partnership in Translational E-Health Research (CHAPTER) and will open
later this year.
e-Health: Building the UCL Community
UCL e-Health symposium, 22 November 2011
E-Health is the use of new information and communication technologies to improve health and health care, and may be one solution to the well described problems faced by all health care systems as a result of an ageing population, an increase in the prevalence of long term conditions, rising costs of treatment or investigation, and rising expectations from the population.
A symposium on 22nd November explored UCL’s contribution to addressing these problems, by bringing together the enormously varied community of researchers with an interest in e-health to showcase their work, and exchange expertise, interests and ideas, with a view to establishing future collaborations and strengthening UCL as a research centre for e-Health
We had an exciting programme of internationally renowned speakers including Professor Harry Hemingway, Professor Peter Coveney, Professor Carol Dezateux, Professor Nick Freemantle, Professor Ann Blandford and Professor Philip Treleaven.
You can also view some of the presentations made at the symposium:
- Mr Stuart Linke – Using the internet to help hazardous and harmful drinkers drink less: the DownYourDrink experience
- Dr Jamie Brown – The development and piloting of StopAdvisor: An Internet-based Smoking Cessation Intervention
- Dr Julia Bailey - Sex Unzipped: Development and evaluation of a sexual health promotion website for young people
- Professor David Patterson – Community Based anticoagulant and stroke prevention services in North Central London
- Dr Henry Potts - Using mobile phones and the web for data collection
- Professor Chris Barker – Online support groups for mental health problems