- School for Public Health Research
- Physical Activity Research Group
- Behaviour Change
- Global Health
- Seminars and Events
- SLMS homepage
The Domains encompass the breadth of research activity across the School of Life and Medical Sciences within nine core groupings.
- What shapes human behaviour?
- What stands in the way of long-term, positive behaviour change?
- How can research inform the design of effective interventions to change behaviour?
- Where should we most effectively intervene – at the macro or the micro level?
- How do we measure behaviour change?
These are just some of the fundamental questions are being addressed by UCL's Behaviour Change initiative.
Behaviour change is increasingly recognised as key to human wellbeing in a number of areas: improving health, adaptively interacting with buildings and cities, making new technologies maximally useful to us and shaping our lives for the better through small and large political activity. Research into behaviour change draws on theories, methods and evidence from many academic disciplines. UCL Behaviour Change month aims to bring these together to facilitate new collaborations and encourage and stimulate creative thinking.
For more information on the UCL Behaviour Change Initiative and the forthcoming UCL Centre for Behaviour Change please visit the Grand Challenge for Human Wellbeing webpages.