- Publication: How effective are internet support groups for people with depression and anxiety?
- Publication: Predictors of influenza vaccine uptake during the 2009/10 influenza A H1N1v ('swine flu') pandemic: Results from five national surveys in the United Kingdom
- Dissertation Study Day on 1 December Marked by Two Special Presentations
- Publication: How Do Clinical Information Systems Affect the Cognitive Demands of General Practitioners?: Usability Study with a Focus on Cognitive Workload
- Publication: Cost-benefit assessment of using electronic health records data for clinical research versus current practices: Contribution of the electronic health records for clinical research (EHR4CR) European project
- Publication: Who is sceptical about emerging public health threats? Results from 39 national surveys in the United Kingdom.
- Publication: Sex differences in medico-legal action against doctors: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Recruitment: Teaching Fellow
- 25 June: Taught Graduate Programmes Open Evening and Data Science Programme Launch
- Publication: Cognitive workload changes for nurses transitioning from a legacy system with paper documentation to a commercial electronic health record
- UCL CHIME Alumus Wins Best Journal Article Prize
- Publication: Supporting thinking on sample sizes for thematic analyses: a quantitative tool
- March 2015 Health Informatics Short Courses Open for Booking
- Publication: Who edits Wikipedia on health, and what motivates them to do it?
- CHIME Hosts Kazakh Government Delegation
- Publication: The design of a survey questionnaire to measure perceptions and behaviour during an influenza pandemic: the Flu TElephone Survey Template (FluTEST)
- NHS Health Informatics Trainees Conference and Networking Event
- Health & Medical Sciences January Intake Open for Applications
- Publication: A short generic patient experience measure: howRwe development and validation.
- UCL Announces New Fast-Track Postgraduate Diploma and MSc in Health Informatics
- UCL CHIME Reappointed to Train Future NHS Informatics Managers
- UCL hosts HL7 UK Summer School
- New Qualification: Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety)
- Publication: Primary total knee replacement as an example of predicting length of stay from electronic patient record system data
- January Intake Approved for Graduate Programme in Health & Medical Sciences (HMS)
- BMJ Editorial: Caldicott 2 and Patient Data
- "Patient Safety, Law Policy and Practice" Published in Paperback
- UCL Joins the European Connected Health Alliance
- UCL CHIME is Early Contributor to New Health Informatics Online Resource
- Professor Dipak Kalra takes up Presidency of the EuroRec Institute
- 2012 European Summit on Trustworthy Reuse of Health Data – plenary sessions now available on YouTube
- "Patient Safety, Law Policy and Practice"
- Ethnicity and academic performance in medicine
- Uptake of flu vaccine among healthcare workers
- Open Source, Open Standards, and Health Care Information Systems
- howRU, a new short generic measure of health status
- Dr Don E. Detmer honoured by American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- Public 'reassured' by swine flu media coverage
- Key NHS IT Programmes – UCL report
- UKHIT online - Computers and the Internet
- Group membership and staff turnover affect outcomes in group CBT for persistent pain
- Electronic patient records are not a panacea
- Using computerised CBT to prevent mental health problems: a systematic review and a case study of Xanthis
- New Students Begin UCL Postgraduate Programme in Health Informatics
- CHIME researcher contributes to new book
UCL hosts HL7 UK Summer School
22 July 2014
Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th July saw UCL host the 2014 HL7 Summer School, at which 23 participants from across the UK's health IT industry and healthcare organisations learned about the latest advances in interoperability and standards. The event, a joint collaboration between HL7 UK, UCL and the University of Leeds, was taking place at UCL for the second year running.
- Isobel Frean (Head of Health Informatics at BUPA, and lead for HL7 UK University Outreach)
- Owen Johnson (Senior Fellow, Yorkshire Centre for Health Informatics, University of Leeds)
- Philip Scott - pictured below - (Chair of HL7 UK, Senior Lecturer at the University of Portsmouth, Vice-chair (Events) BCS Health)
- Rik Smithies (Chair of the HL7 UK Technical Committee)
- Richard Kavanagh (Head of Data Dictionary & Messaging, HSCIC)
- Iain Carpenter (Health Informatics Unit, Royal College of Physicians)
Participants learned about the current developments in HL7 standards, including:
- Version 2 messages,
- Clinical Document Architecture,
- Fast Health Interoperability Resources
and about clinical information standards including:
- clinical terminologies,
- standards for the structure for patient records and patient centred records.
course also included practical experience from the Health and Social
Care Information Centre about the challenges and benefits of using
The summer school will run again in July 2015, when it will be hosted by the University of Leeds.
Page last modified on 22 jul 14 15:32