- The School
- Tutors and Officers
- Departments & Programmes
- Staff A-Z
- Who should I contact ...?
- Prospective Students
- Start of Term
- Undergraduate Degrees
- SELCS Writing Lab
- Masters degrees
- Research degrees
- Postdoctoral Research
- ELCS modules
- Personal tutoring
- Student resources
- Staff intranet
Your priority during Induction Week is to enroll on the modules you have been approved for during the pre-registration process. The School page PORTICO course registration has advice on how to use PORTICO. In addition, all final-year undergraduates of all School departments must attend the following Induction Week meeting:
Monday 24 September 2012
- 17.15-18.00: compulsory Final year induction meeting with the Director of SELCS. Venue:Christopher Ingold Auditorium
Tuesday 25 September 2012
- 9.00-16.00: French, Dutch & Scandinavian Studies Year Abroad oral examinations.
- 11.00-13.00: German staff available to answer student queries re. courses.
- 14.00-16.00: Registration in the German Department for non-SELCS students
- 16.30-18.00: BA Language and Culture student and staff welcome party, 17 Gordon Square back garden or Room B10.
Wednesday 26 September 2012
- 10.00-17.00: Spanish Department tutors will be available to answer queries about modules in their own offices in the Spanish Department.
- 14.00-15.00: German staff available to answer student queries.
- 15.00-17.00: Spanish all student and staff welcome party in 3rd floor common room Foster Court.
- 17.00-19.00: Dutch all student and staff welcome party 3rd floor common room, Foster Court.
- 16.30-18.00: Scandinavian Studies student and staff welcome party. Venue: Back garden, 17 Gordon Square or B10.
Thursday 27 September 2012
- 9.00-16.00: German and Spanish Year Abroad oral examinations.
- 10.00-11.00: Registration session for History with a European Language students and non-SELCS students in the German Department.
- 10.00-12.00: Scandinavian staff available for consultation, 17 Gordon Square.
- 14.30-16.30: Italian members of staff to meet their tutees. In staff offices, 3rd floor Foster Court.
- 14.40-15.00: French members of staff to meet their final year tutees.
- 15.00-16.00: Registration session for History with a European Language students and non-SELCS students in the French Department.
- 16.30-19.00: German all student and staff welcome party. Venue: 16-18 Gordon Square, B10.
Friday 28 September 2012
- 9.00-15.00: Italian Year Abroad oral examinations.