Dr Gabriele Oropallo
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7679 2420
Office hours: by appointment
History and theory of design, politics and graphic design in the twentieth century, minimalism, postcolonial architecture and architectural decolonization, design writing, design and architectural photography and film.
- ‛Of Weak Forces that Elastically Connect Time and Space’, Opticon1826, issue 7 (Autumn 2009).
- 'Language, Form and Deception. The Unwritten Design of AG Fronzoni', Design Principles and Practices: And International Journal, 3, 4 (2008): pp. 373-384.
- ‘Making Form, Making Sense: The Debate on the Social Role of Design at the 1954 Milan Triennial’, in Haruhiko Fujita: Another Name for Design: Words For Creation (Osaka: Osaka University CDC, 2008).
- Lo haría de nuevo, documentary (UK/Cuba), 10 minutes, 2008, Spanish with English subtitles. Screenings: London Moving Image Festival (November 2008), UCL Urban Film Society (March 2009), Festival de Cinema de Santa Fe Antioquia, Colombia (December 2009).
- Eyal Weizman, Architettura dell’Occupazione. Spazio politico e controllo territoriale in Israele (Milan: Bruno Mondadori, 2009). Original title: Hollow Land: Israel’s Architecture of Occupation (London: Verso, 2007).