- The School
- Tutors and Officers
- Departments & Programmes
- Staff A-Z
- Who should I contact ...?
- Prospective Students
- Start of Term
- Undergraduate Degrees
- SELCS Writing Lab
- Masters degrees
- Research degrees
- Postdoctoral Research
- ELCS modules
- Personal tutoring
- Student resources
- Staff intranet
National Student Survey
Final-year undergraduate students are asked to complete the 2013 National Student Survey (NSS) by the end of March 2013. Please see below for some more information, summarised from NSS promotional material.
What is the National Student Survey?
This is a quick and easy survey to complete (it should only take a few minutes), giving you the opportunity to voice your opinions and provide invaluable feedback about UCL for future students who might want to study the same degree.
The survey takes place annually, for (almost) all final-year undergraduates across the UK.
What will the NSS ask you?
Widely recognised as a key measure of satisfaction, the survey looks at a range of areas including:
- The teaching on your course
- Assessment & feedback
- Academic support
- Organisation & management
- Learning resources
- Personal development
- Overall satisfaction
- Students’ Union
How are the results used?
- The NSS results are made publicly available to help prospective students make informed decisions of where and what to study.
- UCL will be provided with the anonymised data to help us identify areas where we are doing well, as well as areas for development, for the purpose of improving the student learning experience for future generations of students.
Your opinion counts!
As a result of what students have said in the past, a few examples of changes made include:
- Enhanced teacher-student communications
- Reviewed/developed feedback systems and methods of assessment
- Timetable and course content improvements
- Reviewed and improved access to IT resources and study spaces
- Ipsos MORI should have recently sent you an email inviting you to take part in the survey
- You can also complete the survey at www.thestudentsurvey.com
- Your responses to the survey are anonymised
It could be worth your while – there are a small number of financial prizes available for the UCL department(s) or programmes receiving the highest number of responses as well as a prize for the first department to reach a response rate of 80%. The money will be spent on final-year students, after 1 May 2013.
Online or mobile
You can now complete the NSS online or via your phone:
- Go to www.thestudentsurvey.com
- Follow the link in your email invitation
- Scan the NSS QR code with your phone
Please contact Karin Charles in the first instance.
Thank you in advance for helping us by completing the survey!