- Italian Merchants Abroad and the Use of Foreign Languages, 14th-16th Centuries
- Il fantastico femminile: una questione di genere
- Centre Stage Series: Rehearsing Translation
- Il "New Italian Realism": genesi, caratteri, dibattito (2008-2013)
- L'ermetismo: una generazione
- Centre Stage Series: Commedia dell’Arte: From Street to Salon
- Centre Stage Series: Not Pierrot, More Pirandello!
- "Porte aperte": la mafia, il fascismo e la polizia negli anni Trenta
- Fascism’s Mediterranean Empire: Occupation, Governance and Italian Colonial Modernity in the Dodecanese Islands (1923-43)
- Centre Stage- Homage to Franca Rame: Actress, Writer, Activist
- From Phantasmagoria to Science!
- An Appointment with Dante
- Combating Ransom Kidnapping in Modern Italy: Magistrates, Memoirs, Media
- Lampedusa: Migratory Space, Memory and Aesthetics
- Le parole tra gli uomini
- From the Grotesque to the Galilean: Margherita Costa and the Spectacle of Baroque Female Dramaturgy
- Letteratura italiana e Riforma protestante: un incontro impossibile?
- Le epigrafi di Poggio Mirteto: la scoperta di una lauda di inizio Trecento
An Appointment with Dante
Publication date: Apr 25, 2014 11:18:38 AM
May 28, 2014 1:00:00 PM
End: May 28, 2014 2:00:00 PM
Location: Roberts Lecture Theatre 106, Roberts Building, Malet Place, London, WC1H 0AT
Dante, the altissimo poeta of heaven
and hell in European letters, is still with us and still going strong, and an
hour spent in his company may alter both the reading habits and the habits
generally of a lifetime; for what we are now, Dante thinks, we shall be into
all eternity, eternity being but a confirmation of what we choose for ourselves
this side of death. So where are you? Hell, purgatory or paradise? Come along to
‘An Appointment with Dante’ and John Took will look into it with you.