The European Language, Culture and Society (ELCS) modules cover a wide range of:
- Fields (literature, philosophy, film, history, linguistics)
- Historical and Cultural Periods (the Middle Ages, Enlightenment, Realism, Decadence, Modernity and Modernism, Postmodernism)
- Genres (poetry, novel, comic tales, short story),
- Visual Arts (film, museum cultures, documentary making)
- Issues such as racism, myth and mass culture.
Intermediate ELCS Modules
For first and second year SELCS undergraduates and SELCS affiliate students.
Where space allows, places may also be available to affiliates and UCL students from outside SELCS. Each module comprises 20 contact hours of tuition and is worth 0.5 UCL cu credit (4 US credits; 7.5 ECTS).
We are currently assigning ELCS modules to Term 2 SELCS Affiliates. We shall be pleased to offer any further spaces on Term 2 ELCS modules to non-SELCS students from 5th January 2015. Please contact us after this date for information about availability.
SELCS students are allowed to take one of the SSEES cross-cultural modules listed below in place of an ELCS module
Advanced ELCS Modules
For final year SELCS undergraduates.
Each module comprises 20 contact hours of tuition and is worth 0.5 UCL cu credit.