SELCS Writing Lab
Writing Lab rules
- The Writing Lab project team members are here to help students with matters of style, clarity of expression, and making the most out of an idea. They will not be proofreaders, editors, or ghostwriters of papers.
- Students who come to the Writing Lab should not expect Writing Lab tutors to fix a paper for them. The Writing Lab team members are there to make suggestions about style and efficient argumentation.
- The Writing Lab tutors will not offer ideas for essays. Rather, they will talk over a thesis with students in order to help them strengthen and refine the student's interpretation of a text.
- Writing Lab tutors will not comment on the validity of any marks received for essays.
- At this point in time, the Writing Lab is focused on helping students with their writing skills in English. Tutors will not be able to help them with essays written in any other language.
- Students may not book more than THREE half-hour appointments in one term. One-hour appointments are no longer available.
- If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, notice of TWO working days is required. Shorter notice will be treated as a missed appointment.
- Any student who misses more than THREE appointments will not be eligible to book further appointments in the same academic year.
Page last modified on 30 dec 12 17:39