SELCS Writing Lab
- Walk-in Clinic
- Online Support
- Writing Lab Rules
- Writing Resources
- Contact Us
- Find Us
- Other UCL resources
News & Events
- One-to-one tutorials return after Reading Week until the end of Term 2. Walk in or book via the SELCS Writing Lab Moodle.
- One special week of tutorials available 13-17 January 2014. Bring in your Term 1 feedback for discussion with the Lab tutors! Details and booking on our Moodle.
- One-to-one tutorials running Monday to Friday until the end of term 1. Walk-in hours from 12-1 and 5-6 each day. Half-hour appointments between 1 and 5 can be booked via the SELCS Writing Lab Moodle.
- The SELCS Writing Lab ran workshops for new undergraduates in SELCS on 'How to Write a University Essay' during Induction Week.
- The SELCS Writing Lab will be available to affiliate students in A&H, S&HS and SSEES in 2013-14.
The SELCS Writing Lab tutors currently run ten workshops, which have been devised in response to the issues students most frequently discuss in one-to-one tutorials.
The 2014 workshops are as follows:
- Planning and Structuring an Essay
- Making a (Thesis) Statement: Essay Questions and Argumentation
- Research for Academic Writing: Making the Most of Research Materials in Essays
- From the Beginning till the Very End: Writing Introductions & Conclusions
- Word Choices: Exploring Academic Language
- Quote/Unquote: When, How and Why to Cite Others in Your Essays
- Precise, Concise & Varied: Polishing Your Writing
- Demystifying Citation and Referencing
- Polished to Perfection: Editing, Copyediting & Proofreading
- Self-Assessment: Learning from Marking Criteria and Feedback
New workshops for BA, MA/MSc and PhD students
From January 2015, the SELCS Writing Lab will offer new workshops for those on undergraduate and Masters courses, as well as a series of workshops for PhD students in SELCS and CMII.
For further information and booking, see the SELCS Writing Lab Moodle site.