SELCS Writing Lab
- Walk-in clinic
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Writing Lab rules
- Writing resources
- Where to find us
- Other UCL resources
News and forthcoming events
- One-to-one tutorials now running Monday to Friday until the end of term. Walk-in hours from 12-1 and 5-6 each day. Half-hour appointments between 1 and 5 can be booked via the SELCS Writing Lab Moodle.
- The SELCS Writing Lab ran workshops for new undergraduates in SELCS on 'How to Write a University Essay' during Induction Week.
- The SELCS Writing Lab will be available to affiliate students in A&H, S&HS and SSEES in 2013-14.
- Five NEW workshops for 2013-14! See our Workshops page for details.
Dorothy Parker (Associated Press, 1941)
The SELCS Writing Lab tutors run a series of group workshops.
These workshops have been devised in response to the issues that come up most frequently in one-to-one tutorials. In 2013-14, five additional topics are covered in addition to those from previous years:
- Planning and Structuring an Essay
- Making a (Thesis) Statement: Essay Questions and Argumentation
- Research for Academic Writing: Making the Most of Research Materials in Essays (NEW)
- From the Beginning till the Very End: Writing Introductions & Conclusions (NEW)
- Word Choices: Exploring Academic Language (NEW)
- Quote/Unquote: When, How and Why to Cite Others in Your Essays
- Precise, Concise & Varied: Polishing Your Writing
- Demystifying Citation and Referencing
- Polished to Perfection: Editing, Copyediting & Proofreading (NEW)
- Self-Assessment: Learning from Marking Criteria and Feedback (NEW)
For further information and booking, see the SELCS Writing Lab Moodle.
Page last modified on 26 aug 13 13:45