SECReT student seminars 2012
- The Development of a Wireless Electrostatic Mark Lifting Method and its use at Crime Scenes
- Evolving the Face of a Criminal
- Strategic security planning for the built environment
- Spatial is Special: Interdisciplinary Research at CASA
- Illicit activity in prisons - how can technology help?
- The Strategies of Kidnappers: Understanding violence during kidnapping for ransom negotiations
- The UK National Risk Assessment
- A Scientific Investigation of Blast Injuries: London 7/7 Terrorist Bombings
- Forensic Computing - A Beginners Guide
- Sex, race and offending trajectories: An analysis of an Australian longitudinal offending database
- How Cryptosystems Are Really Broken
- Crime Patterns and Spatial Choice: Theories, Models and Some Evidence
- Diagnosing and preventing corruption
- Unlocking the investment returns of effective crime reduction programmes: why particular interventions work, and how they can be implemented effectively in the UK context
Strategic security planning for the built environment
Publication date: Feb 11, 2013 01:45 PM
Start: Feb 29, 2012 12:00 AM
Colin McKinnon, Innovation Director, Buro Happold Ltd
Andrew Sieradzki, Director of Happold Safe and Secure.
Buro Happold is a professional services firm providing engineering consultancy, design, planning, project management and consulting services for all aspects of buildings, infrastructure and the environment, with its head office in Bath, Somerset. Originally working mainly on projects in the Middle East, the firm now operates worldwide and in almost all areas of engineering for the built environment, with offices in seven countries. The parent company owns the subsidiary companies such as Happold Safe and Secure. The firm includes a number of specialist engineering consultancy groups, including fire engineering and lighting consultancy.
Buro Happold talked about how they designs security into some of their major projects using examples such as the Emirates Stadium. They also talked about some of their research and projects.