PhD TITLE (PROVISIONAL)
Analysis of Images for Border Security
MRes (Distinction) in Security Science, University College London (2013)
MSci (1st Hons) in Physics with Theoretical Physics, Imperial College London (2012)
I'M ORIGINALLY FROM...
Image processing, machine vision, machine learning and radiography, particularly when applied to security. I still keep half an eye open to developments in quantum Monte Carlo.
- Silver Award for Engineering at SET for BRITAIN competition, House of Commons (2016) (link 1, link 2)
- Best performance in MRes Security Science taught modules, UCL (2013)
- Tessella Prize for Software, Imperial College (2012)
- Special Prize in Computational Physics, Imperial College (2011)
- N. Jaccard, T. W. Rogers, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin. "Tackling the x-ray cargo inspection challenge using machine learning," SPIE Defense + Security (2016).
- T. W. Rogers, N. Jaccard, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin. "Detection of Cargo Container Loads from X-ray Images," IET ISP (2015). (talk video)
- T. W. Rogers, J. Ollier, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin. "Reduction of Wobble Artefacts in Images from Mobile Transmission X-ray Vehicle Scanners," IEEE IST (2014).
- N. Jaccard, T. W. Rogers, and L. D. Griffin. "Automated detection of cars in transmission X-ray images of freight containers," IEEE AVSS (2014).
- N. S. Blunt, T. W. Rogers, J. Spencer, and W. M. C. Foulkes. "Density Matrix Quantum Monte Carlo Method," Phys. Rev. B, 89, 245124 (2014).
- T. W. Rogers, N. Jaccard, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin, "Automated Detection of Loads in Cargo Containers," submitted to IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- N. Jaccard, T. W. Rogers, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin, "Reliable detection of cars in X-ray freight images with low false alarm rate," submitted to Pattern Recognition
- T. W. Rogers, J. Ollier, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin, "Measuring and correcting wobble in large-scale transmission radiography," submitted to Journal of X-ray Science and Technology
- T. W. Rogers, N. Jaccard, E. D. Protonotarios, J. Ollier, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin, "Threat Image Projection (TIP) into X-ray images of cargo containers for training humans and machines," submitted to 50th IEEE ICCST
- T. W. Rogers, N. Jaccard, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin, "Streamlining Cargo Inspection using X-ray Vision," SET for BRITAIN, House of Commons (2016)
- T. W. Rogers, N. Jaccard, E. J. Morton, and L. D. Griffin, "Confirming that Cargo Containers Really are Empty from X-ray Images, Defence and Security Doctoral Symposium, Defence Academy of the United Kingdom (2015)
- T. W. Rogers, and L. D. Griffin. "Automated Analysis of Transmission X-ray Images for Cargo Security," 8th International Crime Science Conference (2014)
OTHER BITS & BOBS
- I am the PGTA for the Neural Computing component of the UCL postgraduate course 3058/GC26 Artifical Intelligence and Neural Computing
- T. W. Rogers "Automated Cargo Inspection to Limit Criminal Logistics", Invited talk on the UCL MSc module Foundations of Security and Crime Science (2015)
- Best 3 Minute Thesis (2nd) at the Defence and Security Doctoral Symposium (2015)
- Engineering Yes, Home Counties Heat, Peer Review Winner and Overall Winner (2014)
- Best Terrorist Scenario Presentation at the UCL SECReT Industry Engagement Evening (2012)
- I very much enjoyed drinking beer and presenting ("X-ray Vision - Making X-ray Scanners Intelligent") to a lay audience at Pint of Science (2014)
- I chaired the "Image Enhancement and Feature Extraction" session at IST (2014)
- I review for Pattern Recognition
- MSci research presented at Quantum Monte Carlo in the Apuan Alps VII, (2012)
Group website: http://imageanalysis.cs.ucl.ac.uk/