SCS student news
- Working in Museums and Galleries
- Engineers without borders
- Introducing Google Places and working within social media
- UCL Engineering MakeSpace
- Recruiting for VIEV
- WSV Symposium on Victimology
- Creating connections
- Win £50 for survey participation
- 17th German Congress in Crime Prevention
- International Conference on Engineering and Technology Innovation 2012
- The international crime drop: seminar
- Counter Terror Expo 2012
- Forensic Voice Comparison Lecture
- Press Assistant at British Science Association
- Intelligence Researcher
- UCL Careers Service Jobs Market
- Forensic Genomics Summer School
- Engineers Without Borders Sabbatical Opportunity
- PhD Opportunities
- STEM Ambassadors programme
Master classes for all
Autumn 2013 - date TBC
3 July 2013
4 July 2013
COURSE IS FULL!
8-19 July 2013
23-26 September 2013
8 October 2013
5 November 2013
Autumn 2013 - date TBC
Autumn 2013 - date TBC.
- Launch of JDiBrief - bitesize briefing notes on crime, security and analysis
- Research bulletin: understanding the crime fall
- MSc Open Evening - 14 Scholarships
Target Choice During Extreme Events : A Discrete Spatial Choice Model of the 2011 London Riots. Criminology.
Peter Baudains, Alex Braithwaite and Shane D Johnson (2013) More...
Lisa Tompson and Kate J Bowers (2013) More...
Justin Kurland, Shane D. Johnson and Nick Tilley (2013) More...
Elio Marchione and Shane D. Johnson (2013) More...
UCL Engineering MakeSpace
23 January 2012
Do you enjoy making things, or want to learn how to?
UCL Engineering is building a MakeSpace, a free access space where
staff, students, and alumni from all disciplines can share tools,
ideas, and skills. If you need to build robots, musical instruments,
or want to sew a pair of MC Hammer trousers with sound-reactive LEDs,
chances are you’ll need to learn some techniques and get hold of some
equipment and thinking space.
The MakeSpace doesn't physically exist yet, but it will be located at
the bottom of the Malet Place Engineering Building. However, we won't
be limited by a lack of a permanent space! We're going to have regular
gatherings, where we work on some projects each week.
The first meeting of the MakeSpace users will be on Wednesday the
25th of Jan, so come along and meet everyone else who want to build things,
exchange some ideas, and learn more about this exciting UCL
Location: Sir Eric Ash room, 9th Floor Roberts Building
Time: 17.30 – 19.00, and then to the pub!
Don't worry if you can't make this meeting, we'll be holding them every week from now on. Check out the website or Facebook for more.
Page last modified on 23 jan 12 08:57