Open day timetable
UCL Postgraduate Open Day (Engineering, Mathematical & Physical Sciences) takes place from 1pm-7pm in the North & South Cloisters at UCL, on 24 January 2014.
General talks and events
- 1.00pm — Departmental stalls open. Location: North & South Cloisters
- 1.30pm — Careers for UCL postgraduates
- 2.00pm — Why study science at UCL, and what we're looking for in an applicant (with Prof Richard Catlow), followed by Q&A about the Faculty of Mathematical & Physical Sciences. Location: Garden Room.
- 2.30pm — How to prepare your application. Location: Garden Room.
- 2.30pm — Developing professional skills as a postgraduate student - an introduction to UCL Graduate School support, activities and funding. Location: Old Refectory.
- 3.00pm — Why study engineering at UCL, and what we're looking for in an applicant (with Prof Anthony Finkelstein), followed by Q&A about the Faculty of Engineering Sciences. Location: Garden Room.
- 3.30pm — Entrepreneurship and support for student business at UCL. Location: Garden Room.
- 3.30pm — Volunteering and public engagement with research. Location: Old Refectory.
- 4.00pm — How to prepare your application. Location: Garden Room.
- 4.30pm — Introduction to UCL Library services, followed by tour of the Science Library. Location: Garden Room.
- 7.00pm — Departmental stalls close
Tours of UCL depart from the Octagon throughout the day until 6pm.
Tea, coffee and wine are available in the North Cloisters. Show your Open Day badge to get your free drink.
Departmental and subject-specific events
Some departments and institutes are organising additional talks and tours specific to their disciplines. Here is a list - staff on department stalls can help you find the location of these.
Visit the full UCL Open Day website