- Early Rice Project
- History of Rice
- Laos reconnaisance, Nov. 2009
- Golbai Sassan excavations 2011
- Rice weed surveys, Orissa 2011
- Northern Thailand rice systems & weeds survey, Nov. 2011
- Laos upland rice weeds survey, Nov. 2011
- Wild Rice Studies Guangxi China
- Wild rice visited in November 2009 at the time of the International Wild Rice conference in Bangkok
- Who we are: the rice project team
- Symposium 2015
Rice weed surveys, Orissa 2011
Professor Kajale conducting a survey for rice weeds in an irrigated rice field.
Prof. Kajale, Dr. Behera and Tosobanta Pradhan in an area of wild rice found in a jungle clearing. This clearing was created by wild pigs and buffalo, who may also have seeded the rice.
Eleanor Kingwell-Banham in the middle of surveying a patch of wild Oryza nivara for weed species.
Prof. Mohanty examining a freshly cut bundle of wild rice for weeds. This was cut as fodder for the animals at Sambalpur Zoo.
Aside from rice cultivation systems we're also interested in the practical uses of rice, like using the straw to make hats. This herdsman told us that he gets through 2 hats a year.
Page last modified on 08 feb 12 15:11