- Early Rice Project
- History of Rice
- Laos reconnaisance, Nov. 2009
- Golbai Sassan excavations 2011
- Rice weed surveys, Orissa 2011
- Northern Thailand rice systems & weeds survey, Nov. 2011
- Laos upland rice weeds survey, Nov. 2011
- Wild Rice Studies Guangxi China
- Wild rice visited in November 2009 at the time of the International Wild Rice conference in Bangkok
- Who we are: the rice project team
- Symposium 2015
Laos upland rice weeds survey, Nov. 2011
Photos below by Alison Weisskopf.
Upland rice field in Laos. Cucurbit crop in foreground.
Harvesting upland rice by hand-stripping.
Lao farmer with dibble-stick, used for planting upland rice.
Threshing dried rice sheaves.
Rice processing: winnowing by fanning.
Mechanized dehusking by a food peddle, dehusking machine.
Traditional manual dehusking, using a wooden mortar and pestle.
The Early Rice Project survey team in Laos (L to R): Alison Weisskopf, 'Tito' (NAFRI, the National Agricultural Dept. of Laos), Chaki Muto (rice geneticist and ethnobotanist, from Kyoto, Japan), (local farmer)
Page last modified on 08 feb 12 16:04