- Early Rice Project
- History of Rice
- Laos reconnaisance, Nov. 2009
- Golbai Sassan excavations 2011
- Rice weed surveys, Orissa 2011
- Northern Thailand rice systems & weeds survey, Nov. 2011
- Laos upland rice weeds survey, Nov. 2011
- Wild Rice Studies Guangxi China
- Wild rice visited in November 2009 at the time of the International Wild Rice conference in Bangkok
Laos upland rice weeds survey, Nov. 2011
Photos below by Alison Weisskopf.
Upland rice field in Laos. Cucurbit crop in foreground.
Harvesting upland rice by hand-stripping.
Lao farmer with dibble-stick, used for planting upland rice.
Threshing dried rice sheaves.
Rice processing: winnowing by fanning.
Mechanized dehusking by a food peddle, dehusking machine.
Traditional manual dehusking, using a wooden mortar and pestle.
The Early Rice Project survey team in Laos (L to R): Alison Weisskopf, 'Tito' (NAFRI, the National Agricultural Dept. of Laos), Chaki Muto (rice geneticist and ethnobotanist, from Kyoto, Japan), (local farmer)
Page last modified on 08 feb 12 16:04