Please note: this list only contains publication data entered before April 2010 into OnCite which has now been withdrawn.
Details of how to update the list to use data from the Research Publications Service can be found here.
14 publications found.
- Abramson,A.L., Laviolettte,P. (2007). Cliff-Jumping, World-Shifting and Value-Production: The genesis and cultural transformation of a dangerous new game. Suomen Antropologi: Journal of the Finnish Anthropological Society 32(2), 5-28. ISSN: 0355-3930
- Abramson,A.L. (2006). Worlds of knowledge, cosmologies of skills: ethnography outdoors in a neo-liberal university. LATISS: Learning and Teaching in the Social Sciences 3(1), 5-28. ISSN: 1740-5866 [DOI link]
- Abramson,A.L. (2005). Drinking to Mana and Ethnicity: Trajectories of Yaqona Practice and Symbolism in Eastern Fiji. Oceania: Special Issue on Fiji; entitled Relations in Multicultural Fiji: Transformations, Positionings and Articulations Guest editors: Elfriede Herman and Wolfgang Kempf. 75(4), 325-341. ISSN: 0029-8077
- Abramson,A.L. (2004). A Small Matter of Some Rent To Be Paid. Towards an Analysis of Neo-Traditional Direct Action in Contemporary Fiji. in van Meijl,T., Miedema,J. (ed.) Shifting Images of Identity in the Pacific. Leiden: KITLV, First edition, 75-100. ISBN: 90 6718 244 3
- Abramson,A. (2003). Life and Death on Mt. Everest by S. Ortner. American Ethnologist 30(2), 330-331. ISSN: 0094-0496
- Abramson,A. (2000). Bounding the Unbounded: Ancestral Land and Jural Relations in the Interior of Eastern Fiji. in Abramson,A., Theodossopoulos,D. (ed.) Land, Law and Environment: Mythical Land, Legal Boundaries. London: Pluto Press, 191-210. ISBN: 074531575
- Abramson,A. (2000). Mythical, Land Legal Boundaries: Wondering About Landscape and other Tracts. in Abramson,A., Theodossopoulos,D. (ed.) Land, Law and Environment: Mythical Land, Legal Boundaries. London: Pluto Press, 1-30. ISBN: 074531575
- Abramson,A. (1999). Dialectics of Localisation: The Political Articulation of Land Rites and Land Rights in the Interior of Eastern Fiji (1874-c.1990) History and Anthropology, 11 (4), 437-477. ISSN: 0275-7206
- Abramson,A. (1999). Sacred Cows of Development: Reflections on the Moral Economy of Fijian Personhood in the Context of Diary Transformation in Agriculture (c.1971-1985) Oceania, 69 (4), 260-281. ISSN: 0029-8077
- Abramson,A. (1997). Report on HEFCE Teaching and Learning Network Conference at University of Stockton. Anthropology Today, 13 (2), 16-17. ISSN: 0268-540X
- Abramson,A. (1997). The Straight Path by R. Katz. American Ethnologist 24(2), 500-501. ISSN: 0094-0496
- Abramson,A. (1992). "Between Autobiography and Method: Being Male, Seeing Myth and the Analysis of Sexuality in the Interior of Eastern Fiji" Chapter 3 in Bell,D., Caplan,P., Karim,W.J. (ed.) Gendered Fields. Women, Men and Ethnography. London and New York: Routledge, 63-77. ISBN: 0-415-06252-7
- Abramson,A. (1987). "Beyond the Samoan Controversy: Towards a History of Sexuality in the Esatern Interior of Fiji" Chapter 7 in Caplan,P. (ed.) The Cultural Construction of Sexuality. London and New York: Tavistock Publications, 193-216. ISBN: 0-422-60880-7
- Abramson,A. (1976). "Unhistorical Historical Materialism: British Social Anthropology and French Marxism Reconciled" Critique of Anthropology 4(13-14), 165-178. ISSN: 0308-275X