- Vision & Strategy
- The Wisdom Agenda
- UCL Grand Challenges
- UCL Research Frontiers
- Research Domains
- Strategic Partnerships
- UCL Research & Parliament
- Access UCL Expertise
- BEAMS Funding Office
- SLMS Research Coordination Office
- Professor David Price, UCL Vice-Provost (Research)
Across all subject areas our experts apply their insight, creativity and daring to the planet’s major intellectual, cultural, scientific, economic, environmental and medical challenges – unlocking the power of academic endeavour to deliver solutions of real economic and social relevance and impact.
As London’s research powerhouse we deliver research impact resulting from multidisciplinary research excellence. This results in myriad benefits to society, such as medical innovations, cultural enrichment, informing public policy and boosting economic prosperity. Our academics and researchers make substantial contributions to the advancement of disciplines and to addressing social and economic challenges faced by the UK and beyond. Some examples of the different ways in which UCL’s research excellence has had real-world impact are available here.
The UCL Public Policy Strategy aims to promote interaction between our researchers and policymakers, and to support the development of solutions to public-policy problems from UCL research expertise.
UCL Enterprise works to maximise the impact of UCL research by:
- supporting the university’s staff and student entrepreneurs
- working closely with business partners in joint research collaborations and product development, as well as providing business services including training courses, continuing professional development and consultancy
- commercialising assets derived from research activities and working with partners to co-develop commercial products.
UCL research already has significant impact through the numerous outreach activities undertaken by our scholars. In 2007 a consortium led by UCL became one of only six national Beacons of Public Engagement, recognising that UCL is one of the most effective universities in the UK in taking the outputs of research to a broader, non-academic community.
Guidance on impact for UCL staff is available here (UCL login required).
Page last modified on 10 aug 11 15:19