- Vision & Strategy
- The Wisdom Agenda
- UCL Grand Challenges
- UCL Research Frontiers
- UCL Public Policy
- UCL Research Domains
- Strategic Partnerships
- UCL Research & Parliament
- Access UCL Expertise
- BEAMS Funding Office
- SLMS Research Coordination Office
- Professor David Price, UCL Vice-Provost (Research)
Independent assessment ranks UCL's research among the best.
UCL is the top-rated university in the UK for research strength in the new Research Excellence Framework 2014 published in December 2014, by a measure of average research score multiplied by staff numbers submitted.
UCL researchers received a ‘grade point average’ of 3.22 (out of 4) and submitted over 2,500 staff to be assessed in REF2014, giving UCL an overall research power greater than both the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge.
Other highlights of REF2014 for UCL include:
- UCL enjoys the greatest amount of 4* (“world leading”) research in Panel A, covering medicine and biological sciences, much of which is conducted in collaboration with our partner hospitals
- UCL has the largest amount of academic research activity in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics);
- UCL has the strongest research power and share of 4* research in Panel C, covering social sciences, and overtaking both Oxford University and the LSE for the first time;
- UCL Economics, UCL Psychology & Language Sciences, UCL Neuroscience, the UCL Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment, the UCL Institute of Education, UCL Chemistry and UCL Computer Science are among the university’s top research performers;
- UCL received a ‘grade point average’ of 3.54 (out of 4) regarding the real-world impact of its research, placing it among the top comprehensive universities rated.
Page last modified on 09 jan 15 10:32