Research IT Services
Published: Oct 16, 2013 11:48:00 AM
Published: Jul 3, 2013 11:48:34 AM
Help for UCL researchers
Research IT Services department (RITS) can help any UCL researcher integrate our services
into their workflow – from the beginning to the end of the research lifecycle.We can bridge the gap between research and information technology because our team has experience from a wide range of research
- provide free advice and consultancy on any aspect of IT related to your research
- help you to set up a virtual team of experts from across UCL so that you can work together to solve a problem
- provide specialist support for high performance computing, software development or data storage.
We constantly monitor feedback from researchers in order to guide the future development of our services and anticipate your needs.
RITS has two facilitators who can help you with general queries relating to research IT.
The facilitation team are:
- Jo Lampard – Senior Research IT Services Facilitator
- Dr Tom Couch – Research IT Services Facilitator
For specific enquiries and help with RITS services, try the following:
- Regular call for proposals for free software development
- Applying for grant-funded project work by the research software development team
- Software development infrastructure
- For Legion user support, visit the Legion Cluster page
- Request a user account for Legion, Iridis or Emerald
- For advice and consultancy on any aspect of computing related to your research, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For user guides and FAQs for IRIS, RPS and UCL Research Equipment Catalogue, visit the Research applications and services page
Talk to us
We’d love to hear from you if you would like to discuss any aspect of our services, or if you have a requirement you'd like to explore with us. For example:
- if you require support to set up new projects that need several different services to be brought together into a single workflow
- if you have general queries about how to get help with a particular problem
Please email email@example.com
(using this email address will ensure that your query is directed to the most appropriate person).