Research Data Services
Research Data Services enable safe storage and access for large
volumes of research data. The services are available to UCL researchers,
their partners and collaborators.
Research Data Service helps UCL researchers respond to UK Government and
funding bodies’ policies for research data management. This includes
making publicly funded research data freely accessible to the widest
possible audience, and helping researchers to plan in advance how they are
going to manage, store and preserve their data beyond the lifetime of
UCL’s Research Data Service is planning two core services to support management of digital datasets: a Research Data Storage service for live project data, and a long term Research Data Archive. Together these services will be able to provide the following:
- enterprise grade data storage without the burden of hardware maintenance
- rapid access to data over UCL’s high speed network infrastructure
- a facility split across two sites, ensuring a high level of safety and access to data
- support for research workflows encompassing data storage and computational resources
- data archiving for re-use and citation by the wider academic community
using our services UCL researchers will be compliant with the UCL
Research Data Policy and in turn be compliant with UK funding bodies’
policies and requirements.
Interested parties can subscribe to our mailing list, which will provide updates on the latest developments on these projects.
If you are interested in using any of these services, please visit our support pages on the ISD website for more information.