UCL Institute for Risk & Disaster Reduction
- Join the Institute
- Graduate Study
- PhD Studentships
- IRDR Taught Programmes
- Other UCL Programmes
- PhD Studentship: Sea Ice Dynamics
- Research Appraisal and Proposal
- acc Risk Disaster Science
- acc Risk Disaster Resilience
- acc Risk Disaster Reduction
- Masters Tabs
- Earthquake Seismology and Earthquake Hazards
- Decision and Risk Statistics
- The Variable Sun: Space Weather and You
- Conflict, Humanitarianism and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Seismic Risk Assessment
- Climate Risks to Hydro-Ecological Systems
- acc Space Risk
- Space Science, Environment and Satellite Missions
- Space Systems Engineering
- Space Based Communication Systems
- Space Instrumentation and Applications
- Spacecraft Design- Electronic Sub-systems
- Mechanical Design of Spacecraft
- Global Monitoring and Security
- Principles and Practice of Remote Sensing
- Space Risks Research Project
- Making Impact
- IRDR Intranet
- Media Accordion
Published: Mar 20, 2017 12:12:39 PM
Published: Mar 3, 2017 8:59:00 PM
Published: Mar 1, 2017 10:11:33 AM
Office location: Rm 38, 2nd floor, South Wing, UCL Main Quadrangle
We have a wide range of PhD students studying within the IRDR. When new projects become available the project details will be posted here.
Current available PhD Studentships:
Applications will soon be open for students wishing to enter IRDR PhD study through the London NERC DTP and other Doctoral Training Programmes. We also welcome applications from students with external funding who identify a supervisor within the IRDR who they wish to study with.
The London NERC Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP)
The IRDR is also part of the London NERC Doctoral Training Partnership. This training partnership brings together nine of the world’s leading research centres in environmental science to offer 34 fully funded PhD studentships each year. Further details can be found via The London NERC Doctoral Training Partnership Homepage . Details for applying for September 2017 entry will be published in November 2016.
(link to DTP topic page)
If you can self-fund or have another source of funding and are interested in PhD study in the UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction, please see our Application Guidelines
DTP ESRC funded PhD Research Studentships for October 2017
|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students|
|Hours:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Closes:||3rd February 2017|
The IRDR is pleased to invite applications for ESRC funded PhD Research Studentships, for October 2017.
The IRDR is part of the UCL, Bloomsbury and East London Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP).
The IRDR offers PhD training in the following pathway:
- International Development (Contact: Peter Sammonds firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Risk and Disaster Reduction (Training pathway)
For details of the IRDR PhD training pathways, and how to make an initial application and expression of interest, please see the DTP Studentships webpage: https://ubel-dtp.ac.uk/cities-environment-and-development/international-development/
For general inquiries, please contact Dr Rosanna Smith (email@example.com).
Deadline for full applications: Friday 3 February 2017 at 16.00.