"Recovery from Disaster" by Ian Davis and David Alexander. Symposium, Book Launch and Reception. Monday 12th October 2015
Published: Nov 20, 2015 12:09:00 PM
Published: Oct 19, 2015 10:20:18 AM
Published: Jul 29, 2015 11:36:08 AM
Office location: Rm 38, 2nd floor, South Wing, UCL Main Quadrangle
Post-graduate Diploma in Risk, Disaster and Resilience
Director: Dr Joanna Faure Walker
Duration: full-time 1 year; part time 2 years
Fees: UK/EU 2013/2014 £8,250 (FT), Overseas 2013/2014 £21,000 (FT).
This programme contains the same taught courses as the MSc, but no independent research project. Please apply via the MSc graduate prospectus page.
PG-Dip students undertake modules to the value of 120 credits: five compulsory core taught modules (15 credits each) and three optional taught modules (15 credits each). There is no additional independent research project.
Five Compulsory Core Taught Modules:
- Integrating Science into Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards and Vulnerability
- Emergency and Crisis Planning
- Emergency and Crisis Management
- Risk and Disaster Reduction Research Tools
Three optional taught modules can be chosen from within the following subjects:
- Urban Planning for Disasters and Climate Change
- Social Vulnerability and Resilience to Disasters
- Decision Making and Statistics of risk
- Post Disaster Recovery
- Seismic Risk
- Research Appraisal and Proposal