Starts: Jun 18, 2014 9:00:00 AM
Starts: Jun 19, 2014 9:00:00 AM
Published: Feb 24, 2014 3:30:38 PM
Published: Jan 8, 2014 2:45:50 PM
Published: Dec 16, 2013 11:07:36 AM
Office location: Rm 38, 2nd floor, South Wing, UCL Main Quadrangle
Post-graduate Diploma in Risk, Disaster and Resilience
Director: Professor David Alexander
Duration: full-time 1 year; part time 2 years
Fees: UK/EU 2013/2014 £8,250 (FT), Overseas 2013/2014 £21,000 (FT).
This programme contains the same taught courses as the MSc, but no independent research project. Please apply via the MSc graduate prospectus page.
PG-Dip students undertake modules to the value of 120 credits: five compulsory core taught modules (15 credits each) and three optional taught modules (15 credits each). There is no additional independent research project.
Five Compulsory Core Taught Modules:
- Integrating Science into Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards and Vulnerability
- Emergency and Crisis Planning
- Emergency and Crisis Management
- Risk and Disaster Reduction Research Tools
Three optional taught modules can be chosen from within the following subjects:
- Urban Planning for Disasters and Climate Change
- Social Vulnerability and Resilience to Disasters
- Decision Making and Statistics of risk
- Post Disaster Recovery
- Seismic Risk