Published: Jan 28, 2016 6:29:00 PM
Published: Jan 20, 2016 3:47:00 PM
Published: Jan 19, 2016 2:03:00 PM
Office location: Rm 38, 2nd floor, South Wing, UCL Main Quadrangle
Post-graduate Diploma in Risk, Disaster and Resilience
Director: Dr Joanna Faure Walker
Duration: full-time 1 year; part time 2 years
Fees: UK/EU 2016/2017 £9,020 (FT), £4,510 (PT); Overseas 2016/2017 £25,140 (FT), £12,310 (PT).
This programme contains the same taught courses as the MSc, but no independent research project. Please apply via the MSc graduate prospectus page.
PG-Dip students undertake modules to the value of 120 credits: five compulsory core taught modules (15 credits each) and three optional taught modules (15 credits each). There is no additional independent research project.
Five Compulsory Core Taught Modules:
- Integrating Science into Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards and Vulnerability
- Emergency and Crisis Planning
- Emergency and Crisis Management
- Risk and Disaster Reduction Research Tools
Three optional taught modules can be chosen from within the following subjects:
- Urban Planning for Disasters and Climate Change
- Social Vulnerability and Resilience to Disasters
- Decision Making and Statistics of risk
- Post Disaster Recovery
- Seismic Risk
- Research Appraisal and Proposal