UCL Institute for Risk & Disaster Reduction
- IRDR News
- Research themes
- Teaching Portal
- MRes in Risk and Disaster Reduction
- MSc in Risk, Disaster and Resilience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Risk, Disaster, and Resilience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards and Vulnerability Module
- Integrating Science into Risk and Disaster Reduction Module
- Emergency and Crisis Planning Module
- Emergency and Crisis Management Module
- Apply to IRDR Postgraduate Programmes
- Join the Institute
- Contact Us
Apply to IRDR Postgraduate Programmes
Information about applying for UCL Taught post-graduate courses can be found here:
Once you have decided which programme you would like to apply for, please go to the UCL online application system. If that link does not work, please go to the application instructions page, check off everything on the checklist at the bottom of the page, and then submit confirmation.
At this point, you must find the course that you want through the search function. If you enter "risk" as a keyword and "Earth Sciences" as the Department, you will obtain a list of the IRDR postgraduate programmes. Click the "apply now" button alongside the programme that you wish to apply for, and follow the instructions given to set up a user name and apply for the course. Please do not enter the full name of the course you are searching in the keywords search, as this will return a list of all courses that match any one of the words in your keyword search.
In your application, you will be asked for your academic and employment record, in addition to references and a personal statement. From your personal statement, we would like to learn:
- why you want to study Risk, Disaster Reduction, and Resilience at graduate level
- why you chose the particular programme that you are applying for
- how your academic background meets the demands of this challenging programme
- any other experiences that make you suitable for this programme
- where you would like to go professionally with this postgraduate qualification
Together with essential academic requirements, the personal statement is your opportunity to elaborate on your reasons for applying to this programme and how your interests match with what the programme will deliver.
Finally, once you have completed your online application, please email a pdf copy of your application to rosanna.smith[at]ucl.ac.uk so that we can ensure that your application is processed.
Please contact rosanna.smith[at]ucl.ac.uk if you have any queries about the IRDR postgraduate courses or the application procedure.