- IRDR 2012-2013 Seminar series
- First Academic Conference on Risk and Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience
- Careers and Opportunities in Risk and Disaster Reduction
- IRDR 3rd Annual Conference, 14th June 2013
- Debating Matters National Final
- Professor David Alexander Inaugural Lecture
- UK Japan Symposium on Disasters
- UK Japan Disaster Risk Reduction Workshop
- UCL-Tohoku Disaster Risk Reduction Workshop
- IRDR Seminars 2013-2014
- Debating Matters Qualifying Round 2013-2014
- IRDR Building Resilience Forum
- UCL Lunch Hour Public Lecture: After Fukushima
Starts: Nov 21, 2013 9:00:00 AM
Starts: Nov 19, 2013 1:15:00 PM
Debating Matters Qualifying Round 2013-2014
Publication date: Oct 15, 2013 10:47:11 AM
Oct 21, 2013 4:30:00 PM
End: Oct 23, 2013 9:00:00 PM
Location: Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre, North Cloisters, and 16 Taviton St.
After succesfully hosting part of the Debating Matters National Finals in June 2013, the IRDR will now host regional qualifying rounds for the 2013-2014 competition.
Debating Matters is a national debate competition for 6th form students, run by the Institute of Ideas. It offers a fresh, accessible and engaging format for debating contemporary issues. The competition has successfully pioneered a format for debate that takes ideas, argument and young people seriously. The focus is on content and substance over style, encouraging young people to engage in an intelligent contest of ideas and holding up their ideas to critical scrutiny.
On Monday 21st Oct, we will host the qualifying rounds for the Camden, Islington, and Kensington and Chelsea Areas, with the IRDR Deputy Director, Rosanna Smith, acting as one of the judges for the Camden Area. On Wednesday 23rd Oct, we will host the qualifying rounds for the Tower Hamlets, Hackney, and Lambeth Areas, with IRDR PhD student Luke Wedmore acting as one of the judges for the Lambeth Area.
Please go to external web pages for: