- Appointment of Professors
- Governance and academic organisation
- Honorary Degrees and Honorary Fellowships
- Quality Management & Enhancement
- Research Governance
Scholarships and Student Funding Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2013-14
To be notified
|Vice-Provost (Education)||Professor Anthony Smith (Acting Chair)|
|Vice-Provost (Operations)||Mr Rex Knight|
|Registrar||Mr Tim Perry|
|Dean of Students (Academic)||Professor Mike Ewing|
|Head of Graduate School||Professor David Bogle|
|Director of Communications||Mr Mark Sudbury|
|Director of Development and Alumni Relations||Mrs Lori Manders|
|Head of Student Funding||Mr Kevin King|
|Operations Director - Office for International Affairs||Mr Nigel Percival|
|Chair of the Scholarships Officers Planning Group||Ms Valerie Hogg|
UCLU Education & Campaigns Officer
Mr Keir Gallagher
UCLU Postgraduate Students' Officer
Mr Ben Towse
|Secretary||Mr Rob Traynor|
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by the Academic Committee, the Scholarships and Student Funding1 Committee is charged by Academic Committee:
- To develop, approve and keep under review the operation of a Scholarships Strategy for UCL.
- To develop, approve and keep under review scholarships policies, processes and provision in accordance with the UCL Scholarships Strategy, taking account of, inter alia, UCL’s student recruitment priorities and student number planning, and the need for UCL to remain internationally competitive in this area.
- To keep under review the effectiveness of scholarships administration within UCL and to advise the Corporate Support Services responsible for scholarships administration.
- According to statutory powers delegated by Council, to prescribe the conditions governing the award of exhibitions, scholarships, bursaries, studentships, medals and prizes.
- To keep under review the financial position and determine the distribution of UCL's scholarships funds.
- To receive regular reports from (i) the Access Agreement Steering Group and (ii) the Scholarships Officers Planning Group.
- To report to the Academic Committee by submission to the Academic Committee officers of (i) an annual report and (ii) the Minutes of each meeting of the Scholarships and Student Funding Committee.
1 The term 'scholarships and student funding' refers to any funding available to students for study and research at UCL, including both merit-based and hardship funding, scholarships, awards, prizes, bursaries and studentships, whether funded from internal or external sources
Meeting Dates 2013-14
- To be notified
Page last modified on 09 dec 10 16:07