- Appointment of Professors
- Governance and academic organisation
- Honorary Degrees and Honorary Fellowships
- Quality Management & Enhancement
- Research Governance
Constitution and Membership for 2012-13
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2011-12 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for Observers.
|Chair of Council (Chair)||Sir Stephen Wall|
|Vice-Chair of Council||Ms Vivienne Parry|
|President and Provost||Professor Malcolm Grant|
Two Lay Members of Council, appointed by Council
- Ms Philippa Foster Back (2)
- Ms Katharine Roseveare (3)
Two academic staff members of Council, appointed by Council
- Dr Stephanie Schorge (2)
- Professor Nick Tyler (-)
Mr Tim Perry
1 Appointed Members of the Committee shall remain members for a period of three consecutive years, and, provided that they remain members of Council, shall be eligible for reappointment for a second or further period not exceeding three years.
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council, the Nominations Committee is charged by Council:
- To consider the filling of vacancies for appointed lay members of Council and to make recommendations to Council thereon, in accordance with the provisions of the relevant UCL Statutes and Regulations for Management.
- To recommend to Council, if the Nominations Committee sees fit, that a vacancy or vacancies for lay members on Council remain unfilled.
- In the case of lay members completing their first or second three-year term of office on Council, to consider whether to recommend to Council that such members should be invited to accept a second term or, where the Nominations Committee considers that Council continues to require the particular experience and expertise of the lay member concerned, a third three-year term.
- To maintain and keep under regular review a standing list of nominations for membership of Council received through periodic consultation with appropriate bodies.
- To keep under continuous review the overall profile of the lay membership of Council.
- To consider the filling of vacancies for lay members nominated by Council on all other standing committees of UCL the constitution of which provides for such members, in consultation with those committees as Nominations Committee sees fit, and to make recommendations to Council thereon (except for the filling of vacancies on Nominations Committee, which shall be referred direct to Council for consideration).
- To keep under review the length of service of lay members on UCL committees generally.
- To report to Council by submission i) to Council of an annual report, and ii) to the Council officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Nominations Committee.
Meeting Dates 2012-13
- Tuesday 26 February 2013, 8.30am
Minutes of meetings of the Nominations Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.
Page last modified on 08 dec 10 14:41