- Appointment of Professors
- Governance and academic organisation
- Honorary Degrees and Honorary Fellowships
- Quality Management & Enhancement
- Research Governance
International Strategy Board reports to Academic Committee
- Mr Simon Melliss
Who to contact
- Mr Gary Hawes
for agendas and minutes
020 7679 8592
- Ms Harriet Lilley
for apologies for absence
020 7679 8593
International Strategy Board
Constitution and Membership for 2012-13
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2011-12 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for Observers.
Professor Anthony Smith
Professor Stephen Caddick
Professor Michael Worton
Mr Rex Knight
Professor David Price
|Director of Development and Alumni Relations||Ms Lori Manders|
|Director of Finance and Business Affairs||
Mr Phil Harding
Director of Registry and Academic Services
Mr Tim Perry
International Students Officer, UCL Union
||Mr Mehran Bhatti|
Two Lay Members of Council, appointed by Council (one to be Chair)
- Ms Philippa Foster-Back (-)
- Mr Simon Melliss (Chair) (-)
Two external lay members, appointed by the International Strategy Board
- Mr Stuart Popham (-)
- Mr Dick Porter (-)
Mr Gary Hawes
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council and Academic Committee, the International Strategy Board is charged by Council:
To monitor and advise on proposals for, and the implementation of, UCL’s International Strategy in accordance with the following principles and aims set out therein:
- To place an international dimension at the heart of a unique and outstanding UCL student experience;
- To attract and support within UCL a diverse international staff and student community;
- To extend UCL’s network of international partnerships and collaborations in education, research, business and healthcare, and with the global development sector, governments, charities and philanthropists;
- To extend the global reach of UCL’s distinctive mission;
- To achieve the widest possible recognition for UCL’s approach to internationalisation;
- To ensure that UCL’s policies, procedures, academic structures and support infrastructure equip it to operate efficiently and effectively in the increasingly competitive international higher education environment.
To be kept apprised of and monitor new and merging international trends and developments, markets, policy-changes etc that might offer opportunities for UCL in terms of new overseas activities and developments.
- To determine the format for presentation of new proposals for institutional collaborations and international campuses, to consider such proposals from the Country Boards and to make recommendations on these to Academic Committee and Council.
- To receive and consider reports from the Country Boards and other bodies on existing international operations and activities.
- To receive and consider reports from the UCL Centre for Languages and International Education Executive Committee.
- To ensure that frameworks for quality assurance and enhancement and risk management procedures are operating effectively for existing institutional collaborations and international campuses.
- To submit to Academic Committee annually, for subsequent submission to Council, a written report of recent activities and developments within the purview of the International Strategy Board.
- To report to Academic Committee and Council by submission to the Academic Committee officers and Council officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the International Strategy Board.
Meeting Dates 2012-13
- Monday 1 October 2012, 2pm
- Tuesday 12 March 2013, 2pm
- Tuesday 4 June 2013, 11am
Page last modified on 14 aug 12 16:00