- Appointment of Professors
- Governance and academic organisation
- Honorary Degrees and Honorary Fellowships
- Quality Management & Enhancement
- Research Governance
Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee reports to Council
- Sir Stephen Wall
Who to contact
- Mr Gary Hawes
for agendas and minutes
020 7679 8592
- Ms Harriet Lilley
for apologies for absence
020 7679 8593
Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2013-14
Where the name of a committee member is italicised, this indicates that that member is serving on the committee as a deputy or nominee of another member.
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2012-13 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
|Chair of Council (Chair)||Sir Stephen Wall|
|Vice-Chair of Council||Ms Vivienne Parry|
|President and Provost||
Professor Michael Arthur
|Vice-Provost (International)||To be notified|
|Director of Development and Alumni Relations||Mrs Lori Manders|
|Education & Campaigns Officer, UCL Union||Mr Keir Gallagher|
|Deans of Faculties (or nominees):|
|Arts and Humanities||Professor Philip Horne|
|Brain Sciences||Professor Alan Thompson|
|Built Environment||Professor Adrian Forty|
|Engineering Sciences||Professor Anthony Finkelstein|
|Laws||Professor Dame Hazel Genn|
|Life Sciences||Professor Mary Collins|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||Professor Richard Catlow|
Professor David Lomas
|Population Health Sciences||Professor Graham Hart|
|Social and Historical Sciences||
Professor Mary Fulbrook
Two Lay Members of Council, appointed by Council
- Ms Philippa Foster-Back (5)
- Professor Chris Thompson (5)
Three Honorary Fellows of UCL, not otherwise eligible for membership, appointed by the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee
- Professor Uta Frith (3)
- Lord Hart of Chilton (3)
- Professor Sir Ian Kennedy (3)
Mr Gary Hawes
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council, the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee is charged by Council:
- In accordance with UCL Regulation for Management 9, to consider nominations for UCL Honorary Degrees and to submit to Council for approval recommendations for the conferment of these awards.
- In accordance with UCL Statute 14 and UCL Regulation for Management 9, to consider nominations of Honorary Fellows of UCL, and to submit to Council for approval recommendations of names for election to the UCL Honorary Fellowship.
- To determine, keep under review and advise Council as necessary on UCL’s procedures for i) the conferment of Honorary Degrees and ii) election of Honorary Fellows of UCL.
- To report to Council by submission to the Council officers of i) an annual report on the Committee's recommendations for conferment by UCL of Honorary Degrees and election to the UCL Honorary Fellowship and ii) the Minutes of each meeting of the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee.
Meeting Dates 2013-14
- Thursday 7 November 2013, 3.30pm
Minutes of meetings of the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.
Page last modified on 07 dec 10 15:59