- Appointment of Professors
- Governance and academic organisation
- Honorary Degrees and Honorary Fellowships
- Quality Management & Enhancement
- Research Governance
Ethics Committee reports to Council
- Ms Philippa Foster Back
Who to contact
- Mr Jason Clarke
for agendas and minutes
020 7679 8594
- Ms Harriet Lilley
for apologies for absence
020 7679 8593
Constitution and Membership for 2012-13
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2011-12 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for Observers.
|Vice-Provost (Operations)||Mr Rex Knight|
Director of Legal Services
||Ms Natasha Lewis|
Two Lay Members of Council, appointed by Council (one to be Chair)
- Ms Philippa Foster Back (Chair) (-)
- Baroness (Diana) Warwick (-)
Two academic staff members of UCL, appointed by Council
- Professor Richard Moorhead (-)
- Professor Jo Wolff (-)
Mr Jason Clarke
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time be given by the Council, the Ethics Committee is charged by Council:
- To propose a Code of Ethics, and any subsequent modifications, to Council.
- To support promulgation and monitor implementation of the Code of Ethics across UCL.
- To review reports or other indicators which might give rise to ethical issues and recommend action where appropriate.
- To respond to any relevant national policy or legislative changes.
- To report to Council by submission to the Council officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Ethics Committee.
Meeting Dates 2012-13
- Wednesday 16 January 2013, 10.00am
- Wednesday 10 April 2013, 1.30pm
- Wednesday 5 June 2013, 2.00pm
Minutes of meetings of the Ethics Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.
Page last modified on 07 jan 13 17:36