- Appointment of Professors
- Governance and academic organisation
- Honorary Degrees and Honorary Fellowships
- Quality Management & Enhancement
- Research Governance
Estates Management Committee reports to Finance Committee
- President and Provost
Who to contact
- Mr Jason Clarke
for agendas and minutes
020 7679 8594
- Ms Harriet Lilley
for apologies for absence
020 7679 8593
Estates Management Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2012-13
Where the name of a committee member appears in square brackets, this indicates that member’s second or subsequent appearance in the committee’s membership.
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member's name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2011-12 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
|President and Provost (Chair)||Professor Malcolm Grant|
|Director of UCL Estates||Mr Andrew Grainger|
Director of Finance and Business Affairs
||Mr Phil Harding|
Professor Stephen Caddick
Mr Rex Knight
Professor David Price
Professor Anthony Smith
Professor Sir John Tooke
Professor Michael Worton
|Deans of Faculties:|
Arts and Humanities
Professor Jonathan Wolff
|Brain Sciences||Professor Alan Thompson|
Professor Alan Penn
|Engineering Sciences||Professor Anthony Finkelstein|
|Laws||Professor Dame Hazel Genn|
|Life Sciences||Professor Mary Collins|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||Professor Richard Catlow|
Professor David Lomas
|Population Health Sciences||Professor Graham Hart|
|Social and Historical Sciences||Professor Stephen Smith|
Three members, appointed by the Estates Management Committee
- Mr David Smith (3)
- Two vacancies
Mr Jason Clarke
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by the Council, the Estates Management Committee is charged by Council:
- To ensure appropriate governance and management of estates issues across the entire academic and student accommodation estate, including asset management, capital projects, maintenance and repair, facilities management and energy and environmental issues relating to the estate.
- To provide oversight and institutional strategic alignment to the development and ongoing review of UCL Estates Strategy and sign off any amendments or new strategies prior to submission to Council for approval.
- To provide oversight and strategic support to the development and ongoing review of UCL Environmental Sustainability and Carbon Reduction Strategy and sign off any amendments or new strategies prior to submission to Council for approval.
- To monitor progress of Carbon Reduction against agreed targets.
- To consider and approve capital works programmes.
- To review business cases for all capital projects exceeding £2 million and provide advice and recommendations to Finance Committee
- To approve the principles for the allocation and use of space and resolve any conflicting priorities.
- To consider and approve proposals for the naming of UCL buildings.
- To report to Finance Committee by submission to the Finance Committee officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Estates Mangement Committee.
Meeting Dates 2012-13
- Wednesday 26 September 2012, 8.30am
- Wednesday 31 October 2012, 8.30am
- Wednesday 16 January 2013, 8.30am
- Wednesday 13 March 2013, 8.30am
- Wednesday 5 June 2013, 8.30am
Minutes of meetings of the Estates Management Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.
Page last modified on 07 dec 10 09:40