- Appointment of Professors
- Governance and academic organisation
- Honorary Degrees and Honorary Fellowships
- Quality Management & Enhancement
- Research Governance
Committee for Equal Opportunities
Constitution and Membership for 2011-12
Where the name of a committee member is italicised, this indicates that that member is serving on the committee as a deputy or nominee of another member.
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2010-11 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
|Dean of Students (Academic)||Professor Mike Ewing|
|Dean of Students (Welfare) (or Deputy Dean of Students (Welfare))||Dr Paul Greening|
|Director of Registry and Academic Services (or nominee)||Mr Gary Smith|
|Director of Human Resources||Mr Nigel Waugh|
|Disability Co-ordinator||Ms Marion Lamb|
|Education and Campaigns Officer, UCL Union||
Mr Luke Durigan
|Equality Officer, UCL Union||Mr Zayyan Butt|
|Head of Equalities and Diversity||Ms Sarah Guise|
|Head of Organisational & Staff Development||
Ms Su Bryant
Mr Rex Knight
|Welfare Officer, UCL Union||Ms Rachel Eyre|
One Lay Member of Council, appointed by Council
- Ms Vivienne Parry (3)
Three academic staff, including at least one Head of Department, appointed by Academic Board
- Professor Elizabeth Pye (2)
- Professor Nick Tyler (2)
A Dean, nominated by the President and Provost (Chair)
- Professor Stephen Smith (2)
Three members of the University and College Union, nominated by the local branch
- Professor Susan Michie (4)
- Mr David Skyers (4)
Two members of UNISON, nominated by the local branch
- Ms Sarah Alleemudder (8)
- Ms Stephanie Smith (-)
One member of Unite, nominated by the local branch
- Mr Colin Skeete (7)
Two student representatives, nominated by UCL Union
- Ms Tasnim Khanom
- Mr Nabeel Vohra
One representative, nominated by the Day Nursery Management Group
- Ms Helen Edwards (-)
Two Departmental Equal Opportunity Liaison Officers (DEOLOs), nominated by the DEOLOs
- Dr Snezana Djordjevic (3)
- Ms Sue Chick (2)
One person elected by and from the elected non-professorial academic staff members of Academic Board
- Dr Sara Mole (1)
- Ms Helen Cooper (7)
- Professor Kate Jeffery (3)
- Dr Eva Sorensen (3)
|Secretary||Ms Rachel Port|
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council or the Academic Committee, as appropriate, the Committee for Equal Opportunities is charged by Council:
- To devise and either approve or recommend for approval by the appropriate UCL committees policies and procedures designed to ensure that equal opportunities are integral to the learning, working and social environment of UCL.
- To monitor existing equal opportunities practices, including those (i) relating to staff recruitment, selection, appraisal and promotion, development and training, (ii) relating to student recruitment, selection and assessment, and (iii) arising from changes in UCL policy.
- To develop and approve, subject to consultation with other appropriate UCL committees, mechanisms for (i) monitoring the implementation of equal opportunities policy and procedures by regular review of statistics on the age, gender, race and ethnicity of staff and students, (ii) setting targets and evaluating success in achieving these, and (iii) disseminating good practice.
- To recommend to the appropriate UCL committees action to be taken by UCL to encourage participation in UCL activities (whether of an academic, administrative or social nature) by members of groups revealed by monitoring to be under-represented in such activities.
- To promote the development of childcare policy and provision, with the aim of providing sufficient and appropriate child care facilities for all staff and students of UCL in need of these.
- To submit to Council annually (or at such frequency as Council may direct) via Academic Committee a written report of recent activities and developments within the purview of the Committee for Equal Opportunities.
- To report to Academic Committee by submission to the Academic Committee officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Committee for Equal Opportunities.
- Tuesday, 24 January 2012, 10.00am
- Wednesday, 7 March 2012, 2.00pm
- Wednesday, 13 June 2012, 2.00pm
Page last modified on 08 nov 10 11:09