UCL Qatar Strategic Plan 2011-2015
24 October 2011
To establish UCL Qatar as a world-class research-led higher education institution at the centre of the Arab and Islamic Worlds
Towards this, UCL Qatar will:
- promote innovative and responsible research, expanding the boundaries of knowledge and understanding, in line with the ethos of UCL and Qatar’s vision for its future;
- offer postgraduate education, professional training and outreach of the highest quality;
- establish and maintain internationally recognised teaching and research facilities;
- work in collaboration with partner organisations in Qatar and internationally.
Through this, UCL Qatar will:
- recruit world-class faculty to develop sustainable embedded research capacity;
- provide training and research directly relevant for Qatar’s needs and interests;
- enhance the recognition and reputation of Qatar both regionally and globally..
The founding focus of UCL Qatar is on:
- the archaeology and cultural heritage of the Arab World, including Western Asia, the Arab core lands, and northern Africa; and
- the archaeology and heritage of the Islamic cultures of the World and their immediate predecessors.