Qatar in Focus
As the academic year draws to a close and exciting opportunities are on the horizon, UCL Qatar would like to invite all of our students to reflect on their favourite Qatar moments.
The photography competition “Qatar in Focus” is open to all
currently enrolled UCL Qatar students and entries should include a
visual representation. This could be a photograph or drawing/painting, of your
Qatar memory along with a short description explaining why and how it is
special to you.
Themes are not restricted but should have a Qatar focus.
The following categories may provide you with a guide:
- Community: People working, playing, celebrating, sharing
- Scenery: Landscapes, wildlife, buildings, architecture, favourite spaces
- Daily Life
- Culture: food, art, music, dance
- Current affairs: Political and social events, public holidays
- First place: 1,000 QAR cash
- Runner-up: 2 prizes of 500 QAR each
How to enter:
- Please email your entry to email@example.com
- Competition deadline is 5pm, 17 August 2017.
- Maximum of three entries per person.
- One photograph per entry.
- Images should be over 2MB but should not exceed 10MB, and must be saved as JPEG files with the photographer’s name.
- Please state in your entry email that you agree to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Terms and Conditions:
All images must be the original work of the photographer. All entrants must have obtained permission from any individuals featured in the photographs. If this includes people aged under 18 you must obtain consent from the subjects’ parents/guardians before submitting your entry.
In submitting to the competition, you agree to grant UCL Qatar a perpetual royalty-free, non- exclusive licence to publish and otherwise use the submitted material in any way. You, the photographer, will retain copyright over the images.
If your image is accepted, we will publish your name alongside it wherever used as part of the photography competition; and as far as possible when used in printed publications, general UCL Qatar website use or incorporation on any other media outside the context of the photography competition.
UCL Qatar does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawful reproduction of images.
Images that are deemed to be inappropriate or in breach of these terms will be disqualified from the competition. This includes images that may be offensive, previously published, copyrighted (by somebody other than the entrant) or otherwise contrary to the spirit of the competition. Photos may also be rejected if they contain an identifiable individual who has not given their consent to appear or if photos feature advertising or trademarks which would otherwise require permissions.
The photographs will be judged by a panel whose decision is final. Winners will be notified by 27 August 2017.