Campus and Facilities
UCL Qatar is located at Doha’s Education City, and currently occupies the second floor of the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar. Students at UCL Qatar benefit from truly exceptional facilities.
- An expansive library housing a comprehensive and rapidly growing collection of archaeology, conservation and cultural heritage materials and literature
- Computer cluster rooms
- Private study rooms
- Ultra-modern lecture theatres and seminar rooms
- A large cafeteria
The nine conservation and materials science laboratories at UCL Qatar are amongst the most advanced and highly equipped in the Middle East. Specialist equipment for the use of our students and researchers includes:
- Portable XRF
- Digital X-Ray cabinet
- Environmental Chamber
- Polarised Microscopes
- 3D Stereomicroscopes (Leica 205A, 165M)
Education City is home to Hamad bin Khalifa University (HBKU) as well as a number of the world’s leading overseas universities: Georgetown University, Carnegie Mellon University, Northwestern University, Weill Cornell Medical College, HEC Paris, Texas A&M University and Virginia Commonwealth University.
Students from each of the universities at Education City come together and interact in many ways. They collaborate in student activities and compete in cross-campus sports tournaments. The array of facilities available to UCL Qatar students at Education City includes:
- Student Bookstore
- Cafeterias and coffee shops
- Olympic-standard swimming pool
- Football pitches
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Bowling alley
- Video arcade
Explore Education City.