- Policy events
- Past policy events
- Lessons for Global Health from India
- The Science of Happiness
- Trust In Europe During A Time of Crisis
- Climate Change and Financial Risk
- The Green Moment?
- Jack Straw Lecture
- Going Low-Carbon: the governance of climate change technologies
- Transparency and Lobbying in the EU
- Challenging Behaviours: Effective Care for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Framing the Climate Change Debate
- The Future of Healthcare in Europe
- Should the UK adopt the alternative vote?
- Evidence-based policy: from development to delivery
- Policy briefings
- Policy secondments
- Policy commentaries
- Policy projects
- Policy engagement and partnerships
- UCL Research & Parliament
- Policy strategy
- Get involved
- Policy expertise
PUBLIC POLICY MAILING LIST
RESEARCH INFLUENCING POLICY
VIDEO INTRODUCTION – UCL PUBLIC POLICY AND UCL GRAND CHALLENGES
Trust In Europe During A Time of Crisis
With Martin Porter, Edelman The Centre
6pm, 19 March 2012
Martin Porter will discuss the decline in public trust in government, as well as the challenges that this poses for other institutions that seek to engage with and influence public debate.
With one of the most tumultuous years in European affairs now just behind us, the challenges facing Europe today remain arguably as great as any faced in the history of the EU. Against this backdrop, the lecture will draw on the most recent opinion survey data from an annual survey by Edelman on the state of trust between four major constituencies - Government, Business, NGOs and the media – and examine what these findings means for the way in which each needs to understand the others, and how to engage with them as a result. It will also consider some specific implications for the European Union, its policy-making and institutions, and the conduct of public affairs in it, during such a time of crisis of confidence.
Professor Richard Bellamy, Director, UCL European Institute, will act as discussant. The event will be chaired by Professor David Coen, UCL School of Public Policy.
- Martin Porter was co-founder and Managing Director of The Centre, Brussels' first do-tank, operating at the interface of European public policy and communications. It merged with Edelman in 2010 to become Edelman The Centre.
Sir David Davies Lecture Theatre, Roberts Building, UCL
Torrington Place WC1E 7JE London
Page last modified on 23 feb 12 10:51