- Policy strategy
- UCL Policy Commissions
- News and Commentaries
- Policy events
- Policy placements
- Policy commentaries
- Policy engagement and partnerships
- Research and policy podcasts
- UCL Research & Parliament
- Get involved
- Policy expertise
Our public policy strategy is being taken forward by the Office of the UCL Vice-Provost (Research).
To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our occasional short email newsletter
featuring news, upcoming events and briefings related to UCL Public Policy.
Follow us on Twitter: @UCLPublicPolicy
Lessons for Global Health from India
UCL Interdisciplinary Society for International Development, the UCL Grand Challenge of Global Health and UCL Public Policy jointly held a symposium on “Lessons for Global Health from India”.
- Dr Vinay Bothra, UK Health Protection Agency: Infectious Disease Research and Capacity Building in India.
- Dr Sushrut Jadhav, UCL Medical School: The Elephant Vanishes: Impact of Human-Elephant Conflict on People's Wellbeing View presentation
- Dr Babken Babajanian, Overseas Development Institute: Addressing Social Exclusion in Health: the RSBY Health Insurance Scheme View presentation
- Dr. Tarit Mukhopadhyay, UCL Biochemical Engineering: Vaccine Development and India View Presentation
- Dr Marcos Vera Hernandez, UCL Economics: Assessing the Impact of Telemedicine in Bihar
The event aimed to bring together academic researchers and students, policy-makers, think-tanks, and NGOs to discuss some of the latest research on India, and the implications for global health. Emphasis was also be placed on the practical lessons that could be drawn from such research for addressing global health challenges and the implications for public policy at regional, national and global level.
A poster exhibition was held to accompany the symposium, and individual posters submitted can be viewed below.
- Faith based setting for public health- a social capital for community empowerment
- Is aristolochic acid nephropathy a widespread problem in developing countries?
- Feasibility of spirometry by community health workers in rural India
- Clinical Ethnography of Farmer Suicides in Andhra Pradesh, India
- The complexity of community engagement
- Sowing the seeds, reaping the benefits: can an ethos of quality and ethical trading improve health in Asia and Europe?
- Exclusion and self-exclusion from Supplementary Nutrition Programme
- Migration, Health and Therapeutic Food Usage
- How appropriate are current family planning initiatives for reducing the number of unsafe abortions in India?
- Caste, Stigma and Well-being
- Tackling Chronic Undernutrition in India
Page last modified on 02 jul 12 17:43