- What is Public Engagement?
- Collaborative Learning in the Arts, Society and the Humanities (CLASH)
- Bright Club
- Creating Connections
- Focus on the Positive
- Beacons for Public Engagement
- Contact us
Funding for Public Engagement
The Public Engagement Unit helps UCL staff and research students find funding from external organisations for projects that will make groups outside the University more involved in UCL research and teaching.
We also provide funding streams to promote innovation in public engagement activity across UCL, and to support UCL staff and students to share their research outside of the university environment.
- Step Out funding of up to £750 is available to UCL students. The fund is constantly open to applications.
- Beacon Bursaries are normally available three times a year, and provide up to £2,000 per project.
- Train and Engage provides training and grants of up to £1,000 for postgraduate students across UCL. The training aims to help students develop their ideas for activities that open up their research and practice to involve people beyond the context of the university. Grants are available to students' to turn their ideas into practice.
- Light - UCL's Public Engagement Unit is looking for UCL researchers with ideas for public engagement projects to take part in a large scale public event on the theme of light from 1st-4th May 2015. You can apply for up to £1,300 to run an activity.
- Public Engagement Pathways grants are available to members of staff or postgraduate research students in the Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment, UCL Engineering, and the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences (BEAMS). They are also available to members of staff in other departments who have EPSRC funding (or have had EPSRC funding that expired in 2012 or later). You can apply for up to £5,000.
- Extension funding for project leaders in BEAMS - a small amount of continuation funding is available for project leaders in BEAMS who have received funding from the UCL Public Engagement Unit's funding streams since October 2012.
Page last modified on 08 dec 14 18:32