- Project Planning Checklist (PDF) - Drawing upon the UCL Public Engagement Unit's experiences we have put together a one page project planning checklist. This checklist is designed to help support staff and students interested in translating their idea for a public engagement activity into a realistic, achievable project.
- Evaluation Methods for Public Engagement Projects - This guide is designed to encourage those running public engagement activities to think through and choose the most appropriate methods and techniques to evaluate the delivery and impact of their activities.
- Planning Public Events (PDF) - This guide is aimed at staff and students across UCL who want to run public events. It looks at the types of event that staff and students are typically involved with, and advises on formats, locations and content.
- Evaluating Public Events (PDF) - This toolkit is all about public events, and how you can measure their success.
- The Just Space Network Protocol on Research Collaboration (external website) - The Just Space Network (supported by Beacon Bursary funding) have put together a protocol on research collaboration between community groups and university staff and students. This protocol grew out of experiences of working with local action groups in London on housing and planning issues, but offers some general advice to anyone wishing to establish effective working relations.
- Guiding principles for effective public engagement (PDF) - We have also put together a list of guiding principles which offer a useful means to assess the effectiveness of any public engagement activity.
- Engaging members of the public in research and teaching: purpose, examples and practice at UCL (PDF) - This document provides practical examples of public engagement linked to research and teaching.
- UCL Communications and Marketing also have a range of additional toolkits designed for staff and students.
Page last modified on 10 may 13 16:36