Linguistics graduate option modules 2014-15
These graduate option modules are available to students on the MA Linguistics, MRes Linguistics, MRes Speech, Language and Cognition, MSc Language Sciences, and MSc Neuroscience, Language and Communication as well as graduate affiliate students in Linguistics and in Speech Sciences. Taught graduate students registered in other UCL departments, including affiliate students, are very welcome to join the graduate linguistics and phonetics modules listed below if places are available.
Most modules have a value of 15 credits, and you can find further information on each module by clicking on the link. Students wishing to take any of these modules should register for them on Portico. Available places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. If a module is full when you register for it, you will be informed via email that we were unable to give you a place. It is not necessary for students to come to the department to sign up for these courses.
It is your responsibility to make sure that you meet the pre-requisites, details of which are available by clicking on the relevant link below. It is also your responsibility to make sure that you do not register for a module for which teaching clashes with your obligatory course.
You can access module timetable by following the links below, but please note that timetable and roombooking information is provisional until the start of term.
- PLING121 Syntax I (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING150 Sociolinguistics (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING151 The Linguistics of Sign Languages (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING154 Phonetic Theory (Term 2, 2014-15
- PLING156 Language Acquisition (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING157 Neurolinguistics (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING158 Morphology (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING201 Pragmatic Theory (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING202 Philosophy of Language (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING204 Issues in Pragmatics (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING207 Topics in Semantics and Pragmatics (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING210 Semantic-Pragmatic Development (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING211 Advanced Phonological Theory A (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING213 Advanced Phonological Theory B (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING216 Intermediate Phonetics and Phonology A (Term 1, 2014-15
- PLING217 Intermediate Phonetics and Phonology B (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING218 Advanced Semantic Theory (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING221 Intermediate Generative Grammar A (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING222 Current Issues in Syntax (Term 1, 2014-15)
- PLING223 Interfaces (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING224 Readings in Syntax (Term 2, 2014-15
- PLING226 Intermediate Generative Grammar B (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING227 Syntax (Term 1 and 2, 2014-15)
- PLING228 Semantics Research Seminar (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING229 Advanced Semantic Theory B (Term 2, 2014-15)
- PLING300 Stuttering (Term 1, 2014-15)
For any further information, please contact Stefanie Anyadi