- Teaching Programmes
- Research Programmes
- Research Departments
- Clinical, Educational Health and Psychology
- Cognitive, Perceptual and Brain Sciences
- Developmental Science
- Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Language & Communication
- Speech, Hearing and Phonetic Sciences
- UCL Interaction Centre
- Research Facilities
- News and Events
- Vacancies and Opportunities
- Contact Us
News and Events
Read all the
latest news within the Division of Psychology and
Read more about the PALS Swan Silver Award
Divisional Subject Pool
The Division has won the Silver Award for the UCL Green Impact scheme
The Division runs Continuing Professional Development courses.
Principal Supervisor: Paul Iverson
Subsidary Supervisor: Alexander Leff
I am interested in which underlying language abilities are linked to the Mismatch Response (MMNm). We are investigating what the mismatch negativity means in the context of second language (L2) auditory perception. Does the MMNm reflect L2 auditory processing, phonetic categorisation or speech sound processing? We are investigating which behavioural measures are most highly linked with the MMNm and whether there are differences between native (L1) and L2 speakers. Tasks include several behavioural tasks (perception and production) and brain responses were elicited by an auditory MEG oddball paradigm. Results from the MEG experiment are being analysed using Dynamic Causal Modeling/DCM.
GEORGINA OLIVER, MARIANNE GULLBERG, FRAUKE HELLWIG, HOLGER MITTERER and PETER INDEFREY Acquiring L2 sentence comprehension: A longitudinal study of word monitoring in noise. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition Available on CJO 2012, doi:10.1017/S1366728912000089
Bielefeld University, Germany
Supervisor: Dafydd Gibbon
Teaching Assistant (1998-2003)
- "Introductory Linguistics"
- "How to handle speech"
- "Phonetik und Phonologie"
Max-Planck-Institute for Pyscholinguistics, The Netherlands
Supervisors: Peter Indefrey, Marianne Gullberg
Research Assistant (2003-2008)
- Recruiting subjects, running and analysing psycholinguistic experiments in the Multilingualism Group
University College London
Supervisors: Paul Iverson, Alexander Leff
Teaching Assistant (2010-present)
- "Ear Training"
Teaching Assistant (2011-present)
- "Research Methods: Principles, Skills and Applications"
Facilitator at CALT (2011-present)
- Facilitator for small groups at workshops ("Presentation Skills") and residential courses