- Teaching Programmes
- Research Programmes
- Research Departments
- Clinical, Educational Health and Psychology
- Cognitive, Perceptual and Brain Sciences
- Developmental Science
- Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Language & Communication
- Speech, Hearing and Phonetic Sciences
- UCL Interaction Centre
- Research Facilities
- News and Events
- Vacancies and Opportunities
- Contact Us
Dr Paula Rubio Fernández
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Theoretical and experimental pragmatics, psycholinguistics, social cognition and communication, figurative language, word processing.
- Understanding Metaphor: Ad Hoc Concepts and Imagined Worlds (Principal investigator Robyn Carston, Co-investigator Catherine Wearing) - Leverhulme Trust funding. 2011-2014.
- Inferential Processes in Literal and Figurative Lexical Interpretation. (Principal investigator Robyn Carston) - Marie Curie Foundation funding. 2006-2010
Rubio-Fernández, P. (forthcoming), Associative and inferential processes in pragmatic enrichment: The case of emergent properties. Language and Cognitive Processes.
Rubio-Fernández, P. and Glucksberg, S. (forthcoming), Reasoning about other people’s beliefs: Bilinguals have an advantage. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory and Cognition.
‘Concept narrowing: The role of context-independent information in concepts’. Journal of Semantics, 25(4):381-409.
‘Suppression in metaphor interpretation: Differences between meaning selection and meaning construction’. Journal of Semantics (Special Issue on Processing Meaning), 24(4):345-371. Also forthcoming in Metaphor and Figurative Language: Critical Concepts in Linguistics, edited by Patrick Hanks and Rachel Giora (Routledge, 2011).